Comcast Debuts Online Kids Channel
- Dennis Tzang M+. // Music Connection;6/4/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p25
An interview with Dennis Tzang co-founder of MusicPlusTV is presented. When asked about his background and how MusicPlusTV came into being, he cited his experiences while working at Focus Features formerly USA films. Live showcases for indie artists started as a live event called Friday Effect....
- Comcast: Over 3 Billon Served. // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p10
This article reveals that Comcast Corp.'s Comcast On Demand video-on-demand service has topped 3 billion views since 2004. It is equivalent of 10 programs watched by each person in the U.S. Music videos and programs were the most popular category in the video-on-demand service of Comcast Corp....
- Greener & Older Cartoons. // License! Global;Nov2008, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p55
The article states that most animated shows in Europe have environmental themes. In the show "Pok & Mok" of Gaumont Alphanim, the main characters teach children about the environment and the need to look after it. "Fileas Frog," a Franco-German co-production is a series aimed at 5- to...
- Comcast. S. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on the television program segments entitled Local Edition produced by the cable system of Comcast in Southern California and inserted into "CNN Headline News." Number of Local Edition segments produced by Comcast from the third quarter of 2004 to June 2005; Significance of the...
- The City of Steel Sheds Its Old Ways. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p28
Presents information on cable television programming service of Comcast in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Changes to the systems of Comcast after its merger with AT&T; Bandwidth capacity of the company; Basic customers; Basic rate. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Net scares up auds. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;5/3/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the move of FEARnet in continuing to make strong invasions in its distribution and programming pipelines in New York through getting a major linear and video on demand (VOD) push on Time Warner Cable, Verizon Fios and Comcast Corp., and acquiring a pair of half-hour comedies.
- COMCAST ENTICES LATINO VIEWERS WITH FREE VOD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/23/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p8
The article reports on the launch of Xfinity Freeview Latino, a two-week promotion for subscribers to have free on-demand access to 1,000 hours of content in Spanish and English, by entertainment, information and communications products and services provider Comcast on September 16, 2013.
- FANS FEED ON SCARES. // Daily Variety;7/10/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 6, p2
The article offers information about the horror cabler FEARnet from Comcast Corp.
- Comcast Launches NEO Cricket in Calif. // India -- West;12/10/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, pC17
The article reports on the launch of the world's first 24-7 cricket channel NEO Cricket by Comcast Corp. in California on December 1, 2010.