Moto Helps Telco Go Video
- Running the DSL numbers. Self, David; Szeliga, Jim // America's Network;01/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p34
Presents the revenue opportunities in the Internet and work-at-home services provided by digital subscriber line (xDSL) technology. Avoiding the hybrid fiber-coax (HFC) pitfalls; Business case with xDSL-based service; Creation of a financial model focused on the business case. INSET: DSL...
- Time Right for G.lite? Harbert, Tam // Electronic News;06/14/99, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p48
Focuses on the factors that will contribute to the success of selling G.Lite, the emerging standard for consumer-friendly splitterless digital subscriber line (DSL) technology. Implication of AT&T Corp.'s acquisition of Tele Communications International company; Increase in DSL revenues of...
- DSL IN a CRUCIBLE. Fontana, John // ColoradoBiz;Jun2001, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p38
Talks about the drawbacks of digital subscriber line (DSL) services. Market of DSL in the United States; Details on technical issues facing DSL; Forecast on the quality and standards of DSL.
- ADSL goes Ethernet. // Telephony;11/04/96, Vol. 231 Issue 19, p44
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s incorporation of asymmetrical digital subscriber line (ADSL) chip transceiver into its Ethernet solution for Internet access. ADSL's delivery of high bandwidth over copper lines; Motorola's plan of consolidating ADSL products to serve Ethernet customers.
- ADSL Lite. // Network Dictionary;2007, p27
A definition of the term "ADSL Lite" is presented. It is also known as universal ADSL, splitterless ADSL or G.lite. It is one of the Digital Subscriber Line technologies that allows broadband data access over normal phone lines. According to this entry, ADSL Lite offers a maximum of 1.5 Mbit/s...
- POTS Splitter. // Network Dictionary;2007, p382
A definition of the term "POTS Splitter" is presented. It refers to a device or a part of a device that enables a digital subscriber line (DSL) data device and a standard analog device to share the same plain old telephone service (POTS) line connected to the asymmetric DSL (ADSL) switches.
- Aiming for a sharper image. Rubenstein, Roy // Total Telecom Magazine;Jun2005, p42
Focuses on the aim of carriers to offer multiple services, including bandwidth-intensive television to users. Issues posed by quality of service in voice over Internet protocol; Challenges facing carriers on multi-service over digital subscriber lines; Importance of quality of service protocols.
- Seeing is believing. Taaffe, Joanne // Total Telecom Magazine;Jan2005, p26
Focuses on the future of multimedia services offered by telecommunications operators. Advantage of digital subscriber lines (DSL); Launch of a fixed-line videophone service over symmetric DSL by France Telecom; Video telephony service being offered by Telecom Italia; Confidence of...
- THE BATTLE THAT COULD SPARK A VDSL REVOLUTION. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;10/22/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p56
Discusses the challenges faced by cable operators in the use of very-high-bit-rate Digital Subscriber Lines for their video customers. Experiment of Qwest Communications with the use of video over copper in Phoenix, Arizona; Success of multiple system operators in telephony; Information on the...