RCN: We're In D.C. for Good
- RCN: The beast of the East bears more fangs. // CED;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p18
Reports that RCN Corp. won an Open Video System franchise to provide bundled telephone, high-speed and cable television services to customers in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- RCN says video is the big driver. Farrell // Multichannel News;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p56
Reports on the move of cable, telecommunications and Internet provider RCN Corp. to focus on a buildout strategy that will add 20 markets in the United States by 2001. Emphasis on refining the Resilink bundled cable and telecommunications rollout and expanding test markets; Launch of markets;...
- RCN Seeks Dozen Franchises in Oregon. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p32
Reports on RCN Corp.'s launch of its bid for cable franchises in 12 separate communities in Oregon. Company's plan to offer cable, Internet access and telephone services; Cash infusion from Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen; Telecommunications component of the RCN agreement.
- RCN SELLS N.J. SYSTEM FOR $245 MIL. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/28/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 61, p2
Focuses on alternative television and telecommunication service provider RCN Corp.'s selling of a central New Jersey cable system to a private equity firm. Value of the deal.
- RCN Gives Up On Philly Overbuild. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Reports that Princeton, New Jersey-based cable television company RCN Corp. has cancelled its plan to overbuild a cable system in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as of February 19, 2001. Company's withdrawal of its application for a cable license from the city council.
- RCN cooks a deal Chicago deal. Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;02/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p50
Reports that RCN Corp. received an approval to provide bundled cable television services in 22 towns in Cook County, Illinois.
- Time Warner adds new Wink interactive service to L.A. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the partnership of Wink Communications Inc.'s Enhanced Broadcasting with Time Warner Communication for digital cable services in Los Angeles, California. Agreements of the partnership; Statement of Executive Vice President Melinda White concerning the partnership; Broadband operation...
- Newhouse Could Claim 2M Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Reports the negotiation between America Online Time Warner Inc. and Newhouse family for a cable television operation partnership in the U.S. Removal of cable television subscribers from Time Warner Cable; Speculation of Wall Street investors on the outcome of the negotiation; Expansion of cable...
- Nick adds carriage. // Daily Variety;12/19/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 14, p8
Reports the partnership between Nickelodeon Latin America and Argentine cabler Cablevision.