SEXUAL HEALTH EDUCATION: ATTITUDES, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMFORT OF TEACHERS IN NEW BRUNSWICK SCHOOLS
- Get great sex! Pump up self-esteem. Hopkins, Tracy E. // Heart & Soul;Jan/Feb98, Issue 25, p78
Presents advice on getting a satisfying sex life. Importance of sexual self-esteem; Exploration of one's self as a sexual being; Not equating sex with love; Appreciation of own body and look.
- EDITOR'S DESK. Cordes, Helen // Daughters;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p2
The author reflects on the critical feedback that "Daughters" magazine received from a reader for their article about sex. She states that she understands the mother's negative reaction when her child asked about the meaning of the word sex after she found it on the magazine, but notes that it...
- Disability and sexuality. Black, Karen // Paediatric Nursing;Jun2005, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p34
Discusses the role of nurses in addressing the sexuality issues of young people with special needs. Value of sexual expression; Role of parents in addressing sexuality issues of their disabled children; Assessment on the provision and policy of Great Britain on sexual education of children with...
- Member Spotlight. Miletski, Hani // Contemporary Sexuality;May2011, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p3
The article looks at Virginia Sadock, professor of psychiatry and member of the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors & Therapists (AASECT). Information is presented on Sadock's educational background, professional accomplishments, and experience as an instructor in psychology at New...
- No Sexuality Education Is Sexuality Education. Snegroff, Stanley // Family Planning Perspectives;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p257
This article focuses on sexuality education. Most parents realize the importance of educating their children about sexuality but, as this story illustrates, many of them find themselves unable to address the subject comfortably. They want to be helpful but are unsure what, when or how to discuss...
- Reflections on gender studies. // Academe;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the increasing respect for gender studies in the United States, with reference to the creation of a chair in gender studies by the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Reference to Carol Gilligan's researches in gender studies; Comments from Abby Stewart, a professor of psychology...
- Exposing the sex lie. Gardner, Tim // Marriage Partnership;Summer98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p72
Discusses what makes a satisfied sex life. Obsession of people to a beautiful body; Implications of people's obsession to a beautiful body.
- Saying `no' gracefully. Brown, Helen Gurley; Schnarch, David M. // Psychology Today;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p96
Presents tips by an ad hoc faculty on how to refuse a partner's sexual overtures without crushing him or her. How much trouble can it be--don't ever say no; A straightforward `no thanks'; Philip Neimark, high priest of the ancient African tradition of Ifa, says the spiritually evolved seldom...
- Sexual freedom. Bocharova, Oksana A.; Wessell, Nils H. // Russian Social Science Review;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p47
Discusses the sexual revolution in Russian, while distinguishing the communicative, normative, and behavioral levels of activity. Structures of sexual attitudes; Information on premarital sex.