- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- ESPN's sporting a night of originals. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/5/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the plan of cable television network ESPN to create a whole night of scripted series in the U.S. Details of the program involving film director Spike Lee; Plan of executive vice president Mark Shapiro on the programming of ESPN; Strategy of ESPN in commissioning original scripted films.
- Where the Boys Are. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on the success of ESPN cable television network in reaching its targeted male audience. Factors which contributed to the increase in ratings and viewership of ESPN cable television network in 2004; Strategy of the network to attract male viewers; Amount of time spent by a U.S. viewer a...
- Wrestling, NFL get cable in headlock. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p3
Reports that professional wrestling and the National Football League football dominated cable ratings in the United States. Cable's recording of its highest primetime audience level; Statistics on audience share; Broadcasting network's recording of the lowest prime-time viewership; Increase in...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p3
Reports on developments in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Revenue reported by Insight Communications Inc.; Decision of E! Entertainment television to end its talk show 'Talk Soup'; Contract obtained by Cox Cable to broadcast the games of the National Basketball...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p2
Focuses on the cable television viewership ratings posted by ESPN network with its World Baseball Classic in the U.S.
- TNT Scores Once Again From Downtown in Q2. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the rating of Turner Network Television (TNT) in June 2003. Role of National Basketball Association playoffs in the dominance of the network; Other top-rated cable programs of TNT; Ratings of other television networks.
- Rugby final scores for ITV, Seven. Andrews, Sam; Lewes, Jacqueline Lee // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/25/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 23, p69
Great Britain commercial network ITV on Monday celebrated England's triumph over the weekend in the Rugby World Cup in Sydney, boasting a near record peak audience of 14.5 million people for the 9 a.m. Saturday local rime broadcast. The rugby final combined with other rugby related programs to...
- A Hockey Channel, Eh? Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 44, p13
Reports on the plan of the National Hockey League to open a digital cable television channel in the United States. Objective of the league; Plan to import the NHL Network from Canada; Benefits of the cable channel.