- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- ESPN's sporting a night of originals. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/5/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the plan of cable television network ESPN to create a whole night of scripted series in the U.S. Details of the program involving film director Spike Lee; Plan of executive vice president Mark Shapiro on the programming of ESPN; Strategy of ESPN in commissioning original scripted films.
- England match gives ITV 61% share. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p3
Reports on findings by Zenith Media on the market share of British network ITV during the England versus Portugal Euro 2000 football game on June 12, 2000. Market share; Number of viewers of games through ITV and British Broadcasting Corp.
- Wrestling, NFL get cable in headlock. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p3
Reports that professional wrestling and the National Football League football dominated cable ratings in the United States. Cable's recording of its highest primetime audience level; Statistics on audience share; Broadcasting network's recording of the lowest prime-time viewership; Increase in...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p2
Focuses on the cable television viewership ratings posted by ESPN network with its World Baseball Classic in the U.S.
- TNT Scores Once Again From Downtown in Q2. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the rating of Turner Network Television (TNT) in June 2003. Role of National Basketball Association playoffs in the dominance of the network; Other top-rated cable programs of TNT; Ratings of other television networks.
- Rugby final scores for ITV, Seven. Andrews, Sam; Lewes, Jacqueline Lee // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/25/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 23, p69
Great Britain commercial network ITV on Monday celebrated England's triumph over the weekend in the Rugby World Cup in Sydney, boasting a near record peak audience of 14.5 million people for the 9 a.m. Saturday local rime broadcast. The rugby final combined with other rugby related programs to...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p3
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable industry as of June 13, 2005. Cities in the U.S. where the Tennis Channel plans to launch its Comcast systems; Appointment of Mark Kaline as chairman of the Council for Research Excellence, a Nielsen-backed research fund; Ratings obtained by ESPN for...
- A Hockey Channel, Eh? Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 44, p13
Reports on the plan of the National Hockey League to open a digital cable television channel in the United States. Objective of the league; Plan to import the NHL Network from Canada; Benefits of the cable channel.