ROCCA SPECIAL OFFERS PRESIDENTIAL POINTERS
- How Fair are the Highbrows? Cogley, John // New Republic;5/15/61, Vol. 144 Issue 20, p20
Focuses on the coverage of politics in television in the U.S. Association of juvenile delinquency and the Cold War to television; Importance of the sponsors in non-commercial television; Need for television programs suitable to refined taste; Absence of interest in raising the total level of...
- PBS: Politics emerge as pubcaster's keynote address. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;9/10/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 47, pA5
The article reviews the television program "Frontline."
- GONE WITH THE WINDS. CARSON, TOM // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2015, p92
The article discusses about television programs of the 1980's and how they have changed now and today the shows one identifes with mainly reflect how privileged or not one is.
- "TV: The Global Wasteland.". // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct1977, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p96
This article discusses then article "TV: The Global Wasteland," an Atlas Report which was published in the July 1977 issue of the "Atlas World Press Review." In France, family dependence on television (TV) had reached such proportions that one has the impression that a broken TV is more serious...
- THE EFFECTS OF FRAMES IN POLITICAL TELEVISION NEWS ON ISSUE INTERPRETATION AND FRAME SALIENCE. De Vreese, Claes H. // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Spring2004, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p36
This experiment investigated the effects of television news frames on (1) audience interpretations of a political issue, (2) the salience of news frames versus other information in the story, and (3) support for future policy. A sample of 145 adults watched an experimental television news...
- November TX guide. // Televisual;Nov2004, p86
Presents a guide of television programs for the month of November 2004 in Great Britain.
- Small Comforts. Carson, Tom // Esquire;Feb2002, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p48
Offers observations on some television programs in the U.S. during the fall 2001 season. View on definition of comfort viewing; One of most appealing qualities of 'Undeclared'; Commentary on 'Smallville.'
- IN BRIEF. // Televisual;Apr2003, p7
Presents news briefs relating to television in Great Britain as of April 2003. Inclusion of Exposure Films' signing of the directing duo Jake and Jim from Godman; Announcement of Skillset's 2003 Runners Careers Information Day; Skunk's signing of Swedish directors to its books.
- Wisdom 'Booker' Martin Draws Talent. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p24
Focuses on several series and special programs offered by the television network Wisdom Television for its expansion in 2003. Variety in issues on which the programs are based; Information about the special program 'Wisdom Holidays: Gift of Song'; Theme of the series 'House Call'; Information...