North Dakota Senate to decide fate of Grand Forks' levee
- Clark County, Nev., Approves $20 Million in Flood Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p32
Reports that Clark County, Nevada commissioners approved a flood-control bond to expedite construction of four flash flood avoidance projects. Competitive bond sale; Part of an ongoing financing to better equip the southern Nevada region to handle rain.
- Funds from Nevada County GOs are earmarked for flood control. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30471, p3
Reports that Clark County, Nevada plans to competitively sell general obligation limited tax bonds to expedite construction of flood-control projects. Bond proceeds to be used by the Clark County Regional Flood Control District; Rating of the county's debt.
- Miami-Dade Borrows to Improve Stormwater System. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p30
Reports on a $75 million bond issue to finance the flood control program in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Scope of the program; Structure of the deal; Bond rating.
- Washoe's Flood Control GOs. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;9/15/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32467, p33
The article reports on the sale of $60 million in general obligation bonds by Washoe County to finance a flood control project at Truckee River in Nevada. According to John Sherman, chief financial officer and finance director of Washoe County, which included Reno, debt service for the bonds...
- Reno's Truckee River Project Seeks RFQ for Study of $800M Flood Plan. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/24/2007, Vol. 261 Issue 32699, p8
The article reports on the plan of Truckee River Flood Control Project to issue a request for qualifications from consultants for a study of an $800 million flood-control plan with the potential for at least $400 million of bonding in Reno, Nevada. Washoe County is already planning a $60 million...
- This Flood-Control Project Wasn't on the Cuff. // Saturday Evening Post;11/16/1946, Vol. 219 Issue 20, p188
The article on the completion of flood-control engineering projects in Ohio. The security was assured by the Miami Conservancy District after it has constructed five dams and improvements of channels in Miami, Stillwater, and Mad rivers. Prior to the construction, serious floods have been...
- California Weighs Big Flood Measure. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/31/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that Californians will vote on a $4-billion bond to pay for levee repairs and improvements along several rivers and watersheds in the northern part of the state. This is part of a plan suggested by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to fund long-deferred improvements to state...
- County authorizes $20 million in 'no-cost' flood control bonds. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;10/09/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p16
Reports that Clark County, Nevada has approved $20 million in flood-control bonds. Refusal to wait for funding from the Regional Flood Control District; Interest rates on the bonds; Source of payment.
- FLORIDA: Palm Beach Nixes Flood GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32781, p9
The article reports on the rejection of voters in Palm Beach, Florida to a proposal to issue $30 million of 30-year general obligation bonds to finance beach renourishment and stormwater drainage improvements for flood prevention. In a referendum, 45.50% the 2,099 voters supported the bond issue...