8-Year-Old CN8 Won't Stop at 8 Million
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Comcast Adds New Latino Packages. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p12
The article focuses on the launch of programming packages by Comcast Corp. for Hispanic customers in the United States. Comcast launched Spanish-language offerings in nine of the 10 largest Latino markets, including Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Dallas and Denver, on May 5, 2003. The offerings...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p24
Present news briefs on cable television programming as of March 15, 2004. Broadcast of the Champ Car World Series by Spike TV; Ratings garnered by the fifth-season premiere of the show "The Sopranos" on HBO; Inclusion of "The Tennis Channel" in the Atlanta, Georgia-area subscribers of Comcast Corp.
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.
- Cable Nets Offer Super Alternatives. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
Reports that U.S. cable television networks will offer non-sports fans a series of films, specials and events programmed against the CBS telecast of the Super Bowl game on February 1, 2004. Impact of counter-programming efforts on Super Bowl viewership; Networks involved in the move; Shows...