C-COR Buys nCUBE for $89.5 Million
- Software central to C-COR/nCUBE pact. // CED;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the acquisition of nCUBE Corp. by C-Cor Inc. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the agreement for both companies; Significance of the deal for the computer industry.
- C-COR to purchase nCUBE. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 40, p6
Reports on an agreement entered into by C-COR Inc., a provider of communications transport, products and services to the broadband and telecommunications industries, with Beaverton, Oregon-based nCUBE Corp. to acquire the business of nCUBE in Great Britain. Importance of on-demand content for...
- C-COR joins the bandwidth expansion game. // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p14
Reports that C-COR Inc. has launched a line of products which will enable cable operators to expand their spectrum. Claim that the product portfolio is comprised of the CHP Max5000 Converged Headend Platform, the Opti Max4100 segmentable node, the Flex Max901-series trunk and bridger amps and...
- Charter picks nCUBE-Kasenna VOD combo. // CED;Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p16
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. has powered a new video-on-demand deployment in Malibu, California by integrating nCUBE Corp.'s back office and application platform and software and servers from Kasenna Inc. Establishment of the company's third source for video servers; Design of the...
- HDVOD and beyond. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p34
Features telecommunication company nCUBE Corp. Deployment of its high-definition video-on-demand services; Business plans; Marketing strategy.
- Charter Calls on nCUBE for VOD Gear. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p33
Reports on the installation of VOD servers to nCube Corp. along with Diva Systems Corp. gears by Charter Communications Inc. Implication of the agreement on the strategy or working of Charter; Sites installed with nCube equipment; Discussions of obtaining content from third party aggregators.
- TVN joins with Concurrent, nCUBE for VOD. // CED;Jul2001, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p10
Focuses on the use of video-on-demand (VOD) asset management and distribution systems of TVN by nCUBE Corp. and Concurrent Corp. in Burbank, California. Use of VOD with the n4 video streaming video appliance; Benefits of VOD; Certification of Digital Content Express of TVN.
- C-COR, Concurrent Ink VOD Patent Deal. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p46
The article discusses the agreement between Concurrent Computer and C-COR concerning the two patents embracing video-on-demand (VOD) systems. The main patent covered by the deal is U.S. Patent No. 5,805,804 that keys out a client-server mechanism permitting applications to separate toward client...
- game planning for BIGGER, BETTER VOD. Brown, Karen // CED;May2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p32
Highlights trends in the video-on-demand (VOD) market in the U.S. as of May 2004. Trend toward more flexible systems that can separate streaming from storage; Separated streaming offered by Concurrent Computer Corp.'s G4 platform; Storage capacity of next-generation VOD systems; Key features of...