Comcast's In Preschool Game
- Population explosion. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p27
Focuses on increase in children cable television programming in the United States. Reference to the launch of Fox Broadcasting Company's Family Channel; Plans of Nickelodeon cable network to launch a trio of digital-tier networks in January of 1999; Expansion of the Discovery Kids and Learning...
- The Television Toddler Boom. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;11/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p26
Focuses on the efforts of cable networks for the production of television programs designed for preschoolers in the U.S. Information on a partnership between Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. for the production of morning shows for preschoolers; List of companies with plans of launching a...
- Barney After Midnight. Wright, Jenna // Dollars & Sense;Jul/Aug2004, Issue 254, p4
Reports on the move of cable television company Comcast to offer a 24-hour television network for preschoolers. Effect of late-hour television programs on children's sleeping habits.
- Crying for attention above rivals' squall. Snyder, Beth // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p48
Focuses on cable television network Nickelodeon's efforts to hold on to its advertising revenue. Increased competition in the children's television market; Formation of a branding campaign; Agreement with television network Telemundo to offer two hours of shows in Spanish.
- Television for kids. // Latin Trade (English);Nov98, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p20
Highlights Nickelodeon Latin America's launch of a Portuguese-language cable television network in Brazil. Focus on children's shows; Growth of the company; Availability of English and Spanish programs.
- Cable Nicks away at kids audience. Littleton, Cynthia // Broadcasting & Cable;01/06/97, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the success of cable television network Nickelodeon's television programs for children. Complaints from broadcasters about Nickelodeon's inability to monitor what children are watching; Ratings of children's television shows; Suggestions for broadcasters to invest in...
- Discovery shuttles into NBC kids slot. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the replacement of Discovery Kids of the NBC Saturday morning kids time slot in the U.S. Benefits of the deal; Cancellation of the production of kids show by major networks; Features of the show.
- Nick to spend $30 million on kids. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 13, p53
Reports on modifications in the `Nick Jr.' daytime lineup of cable network Nickelodeon. Development of two-minute vignettes with Jim Henson Productions; Competition from Public Broadcasting Service preschool shows; Recognition of advertising potential of preschool programming.
- India. // Daily Variety;09/01/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 65, p12
Reports on Nickelodeon's plans to broadcast 14 hours of children's programming in Hindi.