SWEET ON COX
- Cox System Sale Draws Bidder Interest. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p56
Focuses on the increase in interest expressed by bidders in the cable systems in the U.S. being sold by Cox Communications Inc. Locations of the systems; Reason behind the decision of the company to sell the systems; Information on companies that have submitted bids for the systems.
- Take That, Wall Street. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/9/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the plan of Cox Enterprises to privatize cable television operator Cox Communications. Percentage of Cox Communications' share controlled by Cox Enterprises; Decrease in television subscribers of Cox during the second quarter of 2004; Effect of the debt buyback on Cox.
- Don't Call Us, Says Cox. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p50
Presents an article about the weak performance of Cox Communications Inc. in the third quarter of 2004. Decision of Cox Enterprises Inc. to buyback its cable subsidiary; Decrease in the cable stocks posted by the company; Details of the second quarter conference call held by Cox Communications...
- PRIVATE TIME FOR COX. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/20/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the stocks purchased by Cox Enterprises in a bid to maintain the private status of its cable unit, Cox Communications. Trends in stock trading in the cable industry; Competition with satellite and telecommunications companies; Stock trading trends.
- Cable's Strangely OPEC-Resistant. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;8/29/2005 25th Anniversary, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p31
Comments on the resilience of the U.S. cable industry amidst financial challenges. Decision of several cable operators to go private; Rise in voice-over-Internet protocol sales as of July 2005; Growth prospects for cable operators in the business community.
- Cox panel will mull taking cabler private. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/19/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the appointment of a special committee of independent board members by Cox Communications Inc. to consider the offer to privatize the company in the U.S. Role of the panel in the negotiation on behalf of the cable network with Cox Enterprises; Members of the panel; Decline in the...
- Symonds Saysâ€¦. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;11/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 212, p4
The article focuses on the stand of outgoing Cox CEO Jim Robbins on issues affecting the cable industry in the U.S. Robbins comments on the unfair competitive advantages of telecommunication companies in the cable business. According to him, cable operators excelled as providers of service and...
- TCI ramps up programming for its all TV digital service. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;05/19/97, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p4
Reports on Tele-Communications Inc.'s (TCI) carriage cable agreement with Disney and C-SPAN and on its affiliation deal with Cox Communications Inc. Terms of the agreements; Comments from TCI officials; Impact on TCI's television digital service.
- CTAM Teleseminar Spurs Local Chapter Growth. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p26
Reports the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing teleseminar. Telecast of the event to regional CTAM chapters via satellite; Statement of Joe Rooney, vice president of marketing for Cox Communications Inc.; Adoption of Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS).