EZs offer financial hope for Virginia, West Virginia cities
- City ready to purchase foreclosures. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/1/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p1
The article focuses on the effort of the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan to apply for federal funding to acquire, rehabilitate, demolish, and redevelop foreclosed and abandoned homes in three sections of the city which is due on December 1, 2008. It is stated that the application is a five-year...
- Millville the First to Use New Jersey's Revenue Allocated District Structure. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/19/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32531, p36
The article reports on the budget allocation for Millville, New Jersey as part of the government's revenue allocated district (RAD) structures finance project. RAD is also known as tax increment financing districts that enables local governments to allocate new property tax revenue into a RAD...
- CDBG SURVEY SHOWS SUBSTANTIAL NEGATIVE EFFECT OF '06 CUTS. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun2006, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p18
The article reports that on the basis of a survey released by members of a Coalition to Preserve Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, it has been predicted that there will be reductions in the range of services provided to more than five million low and moderate income people in the...
- MUNICIPAL COST INDEXES. // American City & County;Aug2002, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p60
Presents a chart and graphs of the municipal cost indexes as of August 2002.
- Between a rock and a hard place: Localities struggling to fund services. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p5
Reports on the difficulties faced by cities and counties in the United States in raising money. Limits on revenue collection imposed by state and federal governments; Revenue sources available to cities and counties; Percentage of counties with no outstanding general obligation or revenue debt.
- Grants, contests, etc. Carter, Kim // Tech & Learning;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p74
Presents information on grants and contests which could assist individuals with expanding their budgets to finance and launch technology projects. Details on a grant program launched by Cisco Systems; Description of the 1998 Young Inventors Awards Program by the National Science Teachers...
- White-picket welfare. Overby, Peter // Common Cause Magazine;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p21
Discusses federal spending in Cobb County, Georgia. Cobb County residents' views on federal spending; Rep. Newt Gingrich of east Cobb; Anti-government sentiments; Federal patronage of Cobb; Community development projects; Federal college grants and loans to Cobb; Federal funds for public...
- Seed money bearing fruit. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p29
The article reports on the New Orleans Food and Farm Network's plan regarding the Harry Chaplin Self-Reliance Award, a grant of 7,000 dollars that they received from WhyHunger, wherein it will be used for its Farm Yard Project.
- NY empowerment zone loser. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;1/23/95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
Reports on government grants for community development in the Harlem and South Bronx districts of New York City. Role taken by non-profit groups in the early stage of the process; Peripheral involvement of local business people; Aim to attract business to the area.