California's sunny credit status gains gloss with new leaders
- The effects of mutual fund managers' characteristics on their portfolio performance, risk and fees. Golec, Joseph H. // Financial Services Review;1996, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p133
Presents a study testing whether mutual fund managers' characteristics help to explain fund performance, risk and fees. Procedures used to account for simultaneity; Definition of variables; Description of data composed of mutual fund; Presentation of structural equations and results;...
- PORTFOLIO STRATEGISTS. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p27
Presents economic and financial forecasts by investment strategists in the United States. Expectation of recession and recovery in the latter part of 2002; Decrease of inflation, interest rates and taxes; Predictions on leniency in unemployment rate.
- Loan Funds Looking for Liquidity, Cash Flow Stability in 2001. Sibayan, Karen // Bank Loan Report;01/08/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the attitude of fund managers towards 2001. How they are positioning their portfolios; Concerns over the credit performance among industries in the United States; Issue over the lack of available debt and capital equity.
- Good currency managers add real value. Bright, Greg; Laurence, Michael // BRW;02/24/97, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p88
Discusses trends among currency managers in Australia as of February 1997. How managers have moved away from the traditional, simple strategy of hedging or not hedging against rises in the Australian dollar; The views of specialist currency manager Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates; A shift...
- Perception of Financial Risk: A Survey Study of Advisors and Planners. MacGregor, Donald G.; Slovic, Paul // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p68
Presents a study on the perception of investment advisers and financial planners about financial risks. Methodology used in the study; Results of partial correlation and multiple regression analyses; Likelihood of investing and return/risk relationship.
- Investors finding good buys abroad. Levine, Phil // Pensions & Investments;8/18/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p3
States that Europe is the most popular destination sought by money managers seeking opportunities in areas other than the United States. Status of investment opportunities in Europe; How money managers feel about the European Monetary Union; Similarities between investment success in United...
- WAKE-UP CALL: GET TO WORK. Cass, Alden // On Wall Street;Jul2008, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p54
The author discusses the need for financial advisors to stay focused during the summer months. He notes that advisors become complacent with their business growth and boast about taking summer vacations and new cars. The author advises that summertime should not be a justification to slow down,...
- Advisers more popular in bear markets. Picard // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p10
Highlights results of a survey on the attitude of investors in the United States regarding missed market opportunities. Percent who are confident in future market opportunities; Percent of clients who have confidence in their advisers; Attitude of investors towards day trading and online investing.
- Getting it. Werlin // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p64
Comments on the attitude of investment sales professionals in the United States. Impact of experience in the investment industry; Sample of how to differentiate an effective bank representative, wholesaler covering banks and bank investment program manager from their counterparts.