Cities benefiting from good financial times, according to NLC survey
- NLC survey finds strong fiscal conditions. // American City & County;Oct99, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p78
Focuses on the findings of a survey by the National League of Cities on the improved economic and financial conditions of municipalities in the United States. Rate of expenditures; Influential factors in financial health; Number of population in the surveyed cities.
- City fiscal conditions worst in a decade. Hoene, Christopher; Pagano, Michael // American City & County;Nov2002, Vol. 117 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the financial conditions of cities in the U.S. in 2002 based on the National League of Cities survey of city finance officers. Causes of the fiscal decline; Performance of sales tax collection; Factors that affect city revenues and expenditures.
- Cities' financial woes will outlast recovery. // Inside Tucson Business;9/7/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p5
The article reports on the survey released by the National League of Cities regarding the impact of economic recession to the municipal governments in Arizona. The survey revealed that municipal governments are starting to experience the early stages of decreasing revenues. It also cites that...
- GOVERNMENT PRODUCT NEWS. // American City & County;Jan2015, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p23
This section offers news briefs on U.S. government budgets. The report, "City Fiscal Conditions," from the National League of Cities indicates that city revenues are increasing for the first time in five years since the 2008-2009 recession. Derek Todd, city administrator in Lehi, Utah, reported...
- Cities Hurt by Housing Crash May Be Ailing for Years, NLC Reports. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;9/19/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32965, p5
The article reports on the result of the survey conducted by the National League of Cities (NLC) regarding the possible difficulties that will be faced by the cities with declining financial conditions driven by the housing market downturn and low tax collections in 2008. The NLC report gathered...
- KYLE vs BUDA. Biundo, Jen // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/27/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p1B
The article provides information on the economic condition between Kyle and Buda in Texas including its average home value, property tax rates and grocery stores.
- 16. Regional Analysis. Gross, Walter // Journal of Marketing;Apr1967, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p85
An abstract of the article "The Big Cities' Big Problem," by John F. Kain, appearing in the September/ October 1966 issue of "Challenge: The Magazine of Economic Affairs," is presented.
- A Tale of Three Cities. Andrews, James H. // Planning;Jul2001, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p18
Deals with the success of technology development in three cities of the United States that greatly improve economic development. Factors that influenced the success; Background of cities' economic conditions; Goal of the cities.
- Boskoop back on track but market cautious. MacKenzie, Gemma // Horticulture Week;10/15/2010, p5
The article reports on the return of the town Boskoop region following the longhorn beetle outbreak despite the caution of the market in the Netherlands.