Housing starts rose 3.5% in December
- July new construction starts retreat 8 percent. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p14
Reports on new construction starts in Connecticut for July 2002. Volume of new construction; Construction starts for different property types; Comparison with previous figures.
- ELECTROSTATS. // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the decline of housing starts in the U.S. construction industry. Effect of the cold and wet weather; Weakness of the economic and job market; Concerns of consumers over the war in Iraq.
- January home construction starts highest in 12 years. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p27
Reports on the volume of new-home construction starts in the United States during the month of January 1999. Housing starts in 1998; Analysts' prediction of a decline in housing starts in January due to poor weather conditions; Factors that are expected to fuel new home purchases.
- September Housing Starts Best Since 1978. // Wood & Wood Products;Nov2002, Vol. 107 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the increase of housing starts in the U.S. for the month of September 2002. Opinion of the National Association of Home Builder on the sustainability of the increase; Percentage increase of housing starts; Significance of the increase for the construction industry.
- U.S. HOUSING STARTS DIP; MANUFACTURERS' OUTLOOK DIM. // Caribbean Business;10/26/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p58
Reports on a decline in housing construction starts in the U.S. in September 1995. Figures released by the U.S. Commerce Department; Comparison with quarter-ago figures; Low mortgage rates' boosting of consumer demand for homes; Rates for 30-year mortgages; Slowdown in consumer and industrial...
- Monthly Data for Housing Starts Flat in July But Shows 10.1% Year-Over-Year Increase. // Electrical Marketing;8/21/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p4
The article reports that privately-owned housing starts in July 2015 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,206,000 or 0.2% above revised June 2014 estimate of 1,204,000.
- U.S. housing starts on the rise. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p17B
Cites the increase in U.S. housing starts in May 2003. Rise in single-family home sales; Number of building permits issued.
- Urban Housing Starts. // Northern Ontario Business;Feb2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p11
Presents a chart showing urban housing starts in Northern Ontario cities in 1998 and 1999. North Bay; Timmins; Thunder Bay Sundbury; Sault Sainte Marie.
- CONSTRUCTION STATS. // Northern Ontario Business;Aug2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p25
Presents charts and graphs showing construction and housing trends in Ontario from 2000 to 2006. Construction gross domestic product forecast; Construction employment forecast; Urban housing starts; Residential construction.