Greenspan: Equity level not justified by profits
- The market's toughest critic - and white knight. J.L.T. // Christian Science Monitor;10/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 226, p11
Comments on the influence that United States Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan has on the stock market in the United States in the late 1990s. The impact his statements about investing had on the market; His role in determining interest rates and lowering inflation; How he compares to his...
- Alan Greenspan spoke again. // Insurance Advocate;12/14/96, Vol. 107 Issue 49, p32
Reports on how Alan Greenspan's comments on the stock market during a dinner speech in December 1996 influenced the market's performance. Concerns over inflated financial asset values; Popularity of insurance stocks.
- Fed chairman warns stock investors again. Francis, David // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 64, p3
Attempts to warn investors on the dangers of an overheated stock market in the United States. Warning from Alan Greenspan, chairman of the Federal Reserve; Information on the stock prices; Comments from Lyle Gramley, consulting economist of the Mortgage Bankers Association; Prediction for the...
- Dow up on Greenspan talk. // Hollywood Reporter;2/23/95, Vol. 336 Issue 7, p14
Reports on developments related to the stock market in the United States. Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's comments about interest rates increase moratorium; Statement's impact on the market.
- Who's driving. PFAFF, WILLIAM // Commonweal;01/29/99, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p7
Analyzes the dilemma faced by the United States (US) stock market. American version of corporate socialism; Importance of Alan Greenspan's observations; Situation of managers of investment funds.
- Bonds continue bumpy ride. Dingle, Derek T. // Black Enterprise;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p51
Presents information on the bond market in the United States as of July 1999. Views of Alan Greenspan, chairman of the United States Federal Reserve Board on the economy; Relationship between the bond market and the stock exchange; Comments from Craig Simmons, chief investment strategist for...
- Greenspan hints of rate cut and stock market rejoices. Peterson, Pete // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p57
Focuses on the positive stock market reaction to the news of Alan Greenspan's plans to decrease interest rates in the United States. Hints given that the central bank will cut the rates; Trading results of stocks of companies based in Indiana following the news.
- Greenspan Ranked Top In Market Impact Poll. // Traders Magazine;Feb2000, Vol. 13 Issue 162, p20
Contends that United States Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan had the greatest impact on the markets in the last 12 months of the 20th century. Findings of a survey of traders conducted by the Security Traders Association; Listing of influential market players; Forecasts on major...
- Greenspan wrong on U.S. stock market. Dessauer, John // Human Events;1/24/97, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p19
Comments on US Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan's claims that domestic stocks are overvalued. Recovery of foreign stock markets from an initial crash in response to Greenspan's remarks; Vulnerability of Japanese companies to competition and major shifts in the currency markets; History...