Sierra Leone gay leader murdered
- Suspected killer of activist arrested. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/13/2005, Issue 890, p32
Reports that authorities in the African nation of Sierra Leone have arrested the suspected killer of gay-rights activist FannyAnn Eddy, according to "afrol news." Details of the rape and murder of Eddy, founder of the Sierra Leone Lesbian and Gay Association; Suspicion that the murder is not...
- Hate Or Greed? // Guide;Jan2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p9
Reports on key controversies pertaining to the murder of gay activist and founder of the Sierra Leone Lesbian and Gay Association, Fanny Ann Eddy in September 2004. Details about the murder; Results of police investigation; Arrest of a suspect; Issuse on gay rights and prevalence of hate crimes.
- Sierra Leone Lesbian Activist Murdered. // In the Family: A Magazine for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, & their;Sep2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the murder of lesbian FannyAnn Eddy, leader of the Sierra Leone Lesbian and Gay Association in Freetown, Sierra Leone. Approach of Eddy to human rights advocacy; Impact of Eddy's death to the lesbian community.
- Sierra Leone gay leader murdered. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;10/14/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p21
Reports on the murder of Fanny Ann Eddy, founder of the Sierra Leone Lesbian and Gay Association, at the organization's offices on September 28, 2004. Background on Eddy; Contributions of Eddy to the association.
- FANNYANN: MAN ARRESTED. Carolin, Louise // Diva;Jan2005, Issue 105, p16
Reports on the arrest of a man charged with the murder of lesbian activist Fannyann Eddy in Sierra Leone.
- African lesbian activist is raped and murdered. // Empty Closet;Nov2004, Issue 374, pA4
Presents a statement by the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission on the sexual assault and murder of Fannyann Eddy, leader of the Sierra Leone Lesbian and Gay Association in October 2004. Overview of the incident; Contributions of Eddy to the association; Expression of grief by...
- A powerful voice is silenced. // Advocate;11/9/2004, Issue 926, p22
This article reports that Sierra Leone's most prominent lesbian was found brutally murdered on September 29, 2004 in the office of the gay rights organization she founded. FannyAnn Eddy, the 30-year-old head of the Sierra Leone Lesbian and Gay Association, had been repeatedly raped and stabbed,...
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN ACTIVIST'S MURDER. // Xtra (Toronto);1/6/2005, Issue 527, p14
Reports on the arrest of the suspect for the murder of Fannyann Eddy, a GLBT activist and founder of the Sierra Leone Lesbian and Gay Association, in Freetown, Sierra Leone on September 29, 2004. Charges filed against the suspect; Speculation on the motive for killing the victim; Background on...
- SIERRA LEONE. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;11/5/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p16
Reports that FannyAnn Eddy, founder of the Sierra Leone Lesbian and Gay Association, was murdered in September 2004. Eddy's work in drawing attention to the harassment, discrimination and violence faced by lesbian and gay people in Sierra Leone.