Bad Checks and Balances
- FBI investigates Tuba Chapter for possible embezzlement, theft. SHEBALA, MARLEY // Navajo Times;11/1/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 44, pA-1
The article reports that the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has been asked to investigate the financial irregularities, discovered by the tribal auditor general's office, at Tuba City Chapter.
- FBI mistakenly identifies Westchester man in fraud probe. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/21/96, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p9
Reports that an Armonk, New York man was mistakenly identified by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation as one of 45 penny-stock promoters accused of securities-related crimes. Wrongful identification of money management firm president Robert I. Schulman; Other people identified by the US...
- FBI says new phone scam targets your bank account. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/28/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p3
The article reports on the warning of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) about "telephone denial-of-service" attacks by scammers who tie up telephone lines while emptying unsuspecting consumers' bank accounts in the U.S.
- FBI Investigating Subprime Firms. Collins, Brian // Origination News;Jul2008, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that the Federal Bureau of Investigation will be undertaking 19 subprime-related corporate fraud investigations to companies and individuals previously involved in subprime lending and securitization in the U.S.
- FBI takes out cyber-fraudscam. // Network World;2/11/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p7
The article informs that U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has traced largest cyber-fraud schemes worth 200 million dollars related to false identification of credit cards in the U.S.
- FBI to bring more cases to trial. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;6/24/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p32
Reports that the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is conducting investigations concerning fraud in the handling of federal allocations in Puerto Rico. Amount of money allocated to fight crime in Puerto Rico; Examples of cases handled by the FBI; Number of indictments, arrests...
- FBI Fraud Cases Jumu 47%. Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;5/19/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) was managing more than 1,200 mortgage fraud investigations, a 47% spike in its caseload over 12 months. According to a report, the agency pegged mortgage-related fraud losses at $813 million in 2007. The FBI is focusing on...
- Fighting the enemy within. Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director;Dec1997, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p25
Reports the US Federal Bureau of Investigation has joined forces with the City of London and business adviser Ernst & Young to launch an offensive against fraud. Fraud as one of the major causes of business failure; How the videotape `A Meeting of Minds,' from the group can alert companies to...
- Jury Duty Scam. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/19/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on the fraud regarding summons for jury duty wherein a certain caller claims to be a jury duty coordinator who steals an identity once he or she asks for the Social Security number and date of birth, in which the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) says that the fraud...