S&P Rates Wachovia's BluePoint Re AA With Stable Outlook
- Wachovia Forms a Reinsurance Entity. // American Banker;11/24/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 226, p7
Announces the formation of financial guaranty reinsurance company, BluePoint Re Ltd, by Wachovia Corp. Service offered by BluePoint, a company based in Bermuda; The reason for Wachovia's creation of a reinsurance company; How Wachovia capitalized BluePoint.
- Wachovia: No More Pain from Reinsurer. Davis, Paul // American Banker;2/5/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 24, p20
The article reports that Wachovia announced that it expects no more negative impact from its ownership of a reinsurance company whose ratings are being reviewed for a downgrade by Moody's Investors Service. Wachovia created the BluePoint Re Ltd. of Bermuda in November 2004, capitalizing it with...
- The value of embedding capital models. Maskawala, Hatim // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Feb2015, p26
The article discusses the usage of capital models in business organizations focusing on the internal capital models, simulation techniques of financial modelling, stochastic modelling by monte-carlo simulation techniques. Topics include rating agency requirement, risk management principles,...
- Brace Yourselves. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / P&C;7/26/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 28, p5
Comments on the ratings of the financial strength of insurance companies in the U.S. Addition of reviews of risk management system of companies in the evaluation process; Reaction of executives on the move; Skepticism on the ability of rating firms to assess risk management effectiveness.
- Insurer Enterprise Risk Management Eyed. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / P&C;10/24/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 40, p10
Reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services is officially adding an evaluation of enterprise risk management (ERM) to its rating analysis for insurance companies in the U.S. Aim of introducing the ERM evaluation criteria to improve the rating process; Consideration of the risk management...
- Standard & Poor's Finds Most Insurer ERM 'Adequate'. McDonald, Caroline // National Underwriter / P&C;1/21/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p31
The article focuses on the views of David Ingram, senior director of insurance ratings for Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P), regarding the ratings of 125 insurers and reinsurers in the U.S. He explains that with regards to the quality of the enterprise risk management (ERM) practices 84 percent are...
- Enterprising Solutions. Dyer, Robert // Best's Review;Jul2007, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p70
The article reports on the benefits of implementing enterprise risk management (ERM) system in the insurance industry in the U.S. ERM monitors economic capital, asset/liability management and hedging techniques. Furthermore, it analyzes results and provides analysis of risks and plans to rating...
- What Keeps Risk Managers Up At Night? Hartwig, Robert P. // National Underwriter / P&C;4/19/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 15, p31
Reports on the issues that worries risk managers in the U.S. Concern over ratings and financial performance of insurers; Problems in workers' compensation; Threat of terrorism and the expiration of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act; Obstacles to commercial tort reform.
- Key priorities for a CEO during the ratings process. Sellek, Roger // Asia Insurance Review;Jun2012, p56
The article discusses the key priorities for chief executive officers (CEOs) in an insurance company's ratings process through an interactive dialogue between the company management and the rating agency in Asia. It explains the importance of the CEO and the management team's quality in the...