Virginia's Toll-Collection System to Be Compatible With E-ZPass
- Toll checks just 10%. // Commercial Motor;3/17/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5120, p9
Reports on the criticism being faced by German LKW Maut motorway tolling system for trucks following the revelation of the percentage of its active control bridges. Information on the tolling system; Percentage of trucks that are avoiding the tolls.
- Orange County Tollway Authorities Agree to Delay Proposed Bailout. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p1
Reports that the boards of the Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency and the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency have delayed action on a proposal for the financially stronger of the two highways to provide financial assistance to the weaker in Orange County, California....
- A Cross-Country Tour. // Planning;May2005, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p15
Reports on developments on topics related to road planning in different states in the U.S. Announcement that the four express lanes on State Road 91 in Orange County, California are free most of the day to motorists with three or more people in their vehicle; Funding of Denver, Colorado area's...
- Tunneling for the EastLink project, Melbourne, Australia. Asche, Harry R.; Taylor, Edmund G.; Smith, P. Scott; Campi, Peter; Callow, Ian P. // Mining Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p28
The article focuses on the construction of the EastLink tollway project in Melbourne, Victoria. The tollway will link the Eastern Freeway in the northeast of Melbourne to the Frankston Freeway in the southeast. It will include tunnels, separate bridges, major interchanges and a Shared Use Path...
- Texas Regional Mobility Authority Preps Landmark Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32064, p4
The article reports that the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority is slated to issue the first debt ever sold by such an agency later this month, a $316 million transaction that has been delayed, in part because of the historic aversion some Texans have for toll roads. That $316 million...
- Ga. Roadblock Removed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32282, p1
The article reports on a public-private road project in Georgia state. The Georgia State Transportation Board has voted to negotiate a letter of intent to do the state's first public-private road project, which could lead to the issuance of nearly $1.3 billion in general obligation and revenue...
- Today's New Hampshire Toll Hikes to Back Bonds. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;10/22/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32738, p5
The article reports on the expectation of the New Hampshire Turnpike System to see several toll increases starting October 22, 2007, with plans for two separate $100 million bond issuances to occur over the next few years. According to the report, this will be the first change in toll rates in...
- Toll Collect hangs by a thread. // Commercial Motor;11/27/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5056, p18
Reports on the decision of Toll Collect, the German motorway charging operator, to deny that the LKW-Maut road charging scheme will be terminated following delays to its launch as of November 2003. Possibility that the whole scheme would be abandoned; Difficulties faced in launching the scheme.
- Toll road is just on time. // Motor Transport;10/30/2003, p3
Reports that the executives of Midland Expressway have denied press reports that the motorway could be open by December 25, 2003. Date set for the opening of the toll road according to Tom Fanning, managing director of Midland Expressway; Toll rates for hauliers at the motorway.