Bies Sees Growth Fed's Moves Measured
- The Basis For Progress. McCracken, Paul W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/15/71, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p137
Presents the text of a speech given by Council of Economic Advisers chairman Paul W. McCracken on November 30, 1971, which deals with the economic development of the U.S.
- Halftime observations reveal highs and lows for consideration. Smith, David J. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/18/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p9
The article discusses several observations made about the economy during the first half of 2011. It is said that elected officials tend to spend more time blaming others than finding solutions to the problems. It adds that renewable energy sources form part of the solution to a weak economy yet...
- Evolution of the International Monetary System. Wallich, Henry C. // Challenge (05775132);Jan/Feb79, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p13
The world business cycle is passing through a phase of great. significance for the world economy and the functioning of the international monetary system. The growth rates of the U.S. economy on one side and most industrial countries on the other have been converging. Until early 1978, the...
- Country Reports - United States. // United States Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for the U.S. is presented from publisher IHS, with topics including economic growth, business conditions and monetary policy.
- THE WEEK BEHIND US. // CRN;9/12/2005, Issue 1162, p86
The article focuses on the latest Federal Reserve's report that indicates that business conditions are strongest in New England and the Midwest, with consumer spending and manufacturing showing solid growth. The quarterly report provides a snapshot of current U.S. economic conditions on a...
- New Legislative Leaders Focus on Jobs. // State Journal (WV);12/12/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 48, p36
No abstract available.
- How Does Your Governor Score? // CATO Policy Report;Jan2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the performance rating of governors in the U.S. which was conducted by Chris Edwards, the director of tax policy studies at the Cato Institute. The performance rating was based on the efficiency of their tax and spending decisions whether they were able to foster economic...
- Neighborhood Unrest. Guerrero, Antonio // Global Finance;Mar2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the impact of the slowdown in the U.S. economy and the outcome of the U.S. presidential election on the economic progress of Mexico. Mexican government officials reduced their own 2008 gross domestic product (GDP) forecast to 2.8 percent given the fact that the U.S....
- Optimism Is Catching On. Bradley, Alexandra // T+D;Oct2010, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on a study of U.S. companies which found a trend toward optimism concerning growth in the economy as of October 1, 2010. The "TalentWatch" survey of Bersin & Associates research firm indicates that companies are preparing for growth by putting more money into their human...