The Tax-Exempt Factor
- Do Fat Cats Pay Less? McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the facts behind taxing earned income more than personal investment income in the U.S. Comparison on income tax rates on unearned and earned income in the U.S.; Tax breaks for capital gains and dividends introduced by President George W. Bush; Stand of John Kerry on capital gains...
- Taxes: Discussing Complex Issues in Plain English. Grumet, Louis // CPA Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p7
Deals with issues concerning tax policies in the U.S. Tax reform proposals of U.S. President George W. Bush; Campaign platform of presidential candidate John Kerry; Role of certified public accountants in explaining the tax system.
- Bush is best choice of two weak options. // Inside Tucson Business;10/25/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p4
The article discusses the qualifications and agendas of U.S. President George W. Bush and his opponent, Senator John Kerry in the presidential elections of 2004. Among the agendas of Kerry, a tax raise for families with an income of $200,000 and up, is a big concern. On the other hand Bush's...
- Tax Missimplification: It's Not a Done Deal. McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p17
Examines the possible responses to U.S. President George W. Bush's efforts to simplify the process of taxation in the country, as of December 2004. Description of a tax code proposed by the president; Right-wing proposals to replace the progressive income tax; Factors that pose complications...
- The Taxonomist. McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;5/21/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p9
Presents updates on tax reforms in the U.S. as of May 21, 2001. Number of tax-cut provisions proposed by President George W. Bush; Taxes paid by median-income workers to support the government.
- Congress Must Cut Marginal Tax Rates. Entin, Stephen J.; Schuyler, Michael A. // Human Events;4/14/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 13, p6
Focuses on the tax proposal presented by U.S. President George W. Bush in 2003. Information on marginal tax rates; Relationship between the tax rate, tax base and tax revenue; Impact of taxes on labor and capital income.
- A Man with a Plan. Moore, Stephen // National Review;2/10/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the tax cut proposals made by U.S. President George W. Bush. It is reported that the tax cut benefits only the rich. According to Paul Krugman of the periodical New York Times, 90 percent of Americans will get little or nothing from the dividend tax exemption. It is stated...
- Top 10 Myths About the Bush Tax Cuts. // Human Events;2/12/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p10
The article clarifies several myths about the tax cuts implemented by the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. It mentions that tax revenues are still above the historical average event after the tax cuts. It explains that the tax cuts did not substantially reduced 2006 revenues and...
- Guess Who Really Pays the Taxes. Moore, Stephen // American (19328117);Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p58
The article presents questions and answers related to U.S. taxes including whether income taxes are fair, what income group pays the most federal income taxes, and how the tax cuts imposed by the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush to wealthy Americans affected the tax system.