Selecting Siemens Controls
- Smart Valve Positioner Features Premium Diagnostics. // WaterWorld;Feb2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p13
The article features Siemens SIPART PS2 Series valve positioner, with premium diagnostic capabilities and includes an actuator leak test. Its continually self-diagnoses system changes and optimizes tuning parameters in order to maintain optimum valve performance, even with changes in actuator...
- 21st-Century HVAC Controls: Progress and Paradox. Sellers, David A. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2003 Supplement, Vol. 42, p38
Examines the advantages and disadvantages of modern controls technology. Cost of one-pipe pneumatic pipe temperature transmitter; Accuracy of a platinum real time data temperature sensor with transmitter; Precision of a six-inch pneumatic butterfly valve and actuator.
- Quasistatic displacement self-sensing method for cantilevered piezoelectric actuators. Ivan, Ioan Alexandru; Rakotondrabe, Micky; Lutz, Philippe; Chaillet, Nicolas // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jun2009, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p065102
Piezoelectric meso- and microactuator systems required for manipulation or assembly of microscale objects demand reliable force and/or displacement information. Available sensors are prone to dimension restrictions or precision limitation. Self-sensing method, based on the electric charge...
- Roving robots learn to think about what they see. Carts-Powell, Yvonne // Laser Focus World;May2005, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p149
This article informs that for the past few decades, robots have become more sophisticated but each interface is custom- made and requires the user to have technical skill. Humans depend heavily on sight and have built so many visual cues into the world, from colored traffic lights to reading a...
- Distribution Circuit Breaker. // Transmission & Distribution World;Feb2012, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p30
The article reports that the release of the new type SDV7-MA distribution circuit breaker that provides a magnetic-actuator operator as an alternative to the established stored-energy operator in the type SDV7 outdoor vacuum circuit breaker family has been announced by Siemens AG' Infrastructure...
- New Industrial Controls from Siemens. // Solar Today;Apr2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p50
The article offers brief information on the Sirius Innovations line of industrial motor controls from Siemens AG.
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;2/22/2012, Issue 2497, p26
The article presents information on a research project which is developing a standardised electromechanical actuators (EMA) for aerospace applications. The projet, being funded by the European Union, is aimed at reducing aircraft weight as well as cut actuator cost. The project is referred to as...
- New Construction of an Electro-Conjugate Fluid-Jet-Driven Micromotor with an Inner Diameter of 2 mm. Yokota, S; Edamura, K // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part I;Jun2006, Vol. 220 Issue 4, p251
Electro-conjugate fluid (hereafter abbreviated as ECF) is a kind of dielectric fluid that produces a powerful jet flow (ECF jet) between rod-type electrodes in an applied non-uniform static electric field. By using the ECF jet, a new type of micromotor with a simple structure and light weight...
- Precision moves with pint-sized motors. Teschler, Leland // Machine Design;4/1/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p96
Features innovative actuators and stages based on piezoelectric (PZT) materials. Information on PZT which serves as a basis for piezomotors; Suppliers of the material; Anatomy of a PZT actuator.