Understanding Open-Protocol Standards
- BACnet Testing Addendum Includes New Tests. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/8/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 15, p7
Provides information about the new tests for features of BACnet computer network protocol and refinements to existing tests that will be available under an addendum approved for publication at American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers 2005 Annual Meeting in...
- BACnet Standard. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/30/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p5
The article reports on the proposed American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Standard 135-2004 for BACnet in Atlanta, Georgia. The proposal will extend the building systems coverage of BACnet to incorporate support for an industry term. According to...
- The great divide. Turpin, Joanna R. // Engineered Systems;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p35
Presets an interview with heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry experts about the proliferation of open standards and how they will affect the industry. Open systems standards such as BACnet and LonMark; Having more than one open systems standard; Incorporation of BACnet to...
- No shortage of standards. Miller, Mark // Network World;08/10/98, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p60
Focuses on the standards associated with the Internet Protocol convergence. Details on the T.120 series of recommendations; Information on the G.700 series; Recommendations included in the H.320 series.
- Building future multiprotocol LAN backbones with ATM technology. Aaron, Jeff // Network World;09/01/97, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p39
Cites the advantages of Multi-Protocol over ATM (MPOA) specification as the primary tool in building local area network backbones. Benefits associated with improved routing throughput; Simplification of network configuration; Enforcement of enterprisewide policies without having to configure...
- Extending LDAP version 3 to replication. Lewis, Jamie // PC Week;08/04/97, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p100
Opinion. Praises the development of version 3 of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) standard. The problems in version 2 that were fixed; The schema discovery feature; The several important issues that are unresolved.
- Metro net standard efforts converge. Gimpelson, Terri // Network World;1/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p37
Reports on a proposal concerning the IEEE standard for Resilient Packet Ring (RPR), which is intended to optimize metropolitan ring topologies for packet transport. Proposal's incorporation of the best of Cisco's and Nortel's plans with the intent of reaching a broader consensus; Adjustment of...
- .COMment. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/06/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 10, p28
Features Web sites devoted to the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (hvacr) industry. Launch of the HVAC Auction site by EForay Corp.; Launch of the electronic commerce Web site of Sir Harvey Industries Inc.; HVAC Estimator.com's announcement of its new online service...
- .COMment. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/24/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 13, p17
Features several Web sites committed to serving the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry in the United States. Web site for permit form management at www.permits.com; Allowing of multiple businesses to use the same domain name provided at www.domainHEADLINES.com.