- BACnet Testing Addendum Includes New Tests. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/8/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 15, p7
Provides information about the new tests for features of BACnet computer network protocol and refinements to existing tests that will be available under an addendum approved for publication at American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers 2005 Annual Meeting in...
- Mexican Restaurant, Bar Clears The Air. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/17/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the heating-ventilation system installed by Coley Enterprises Inc. to the Mexican restaurant, Casanueva, in Athens, Ohio. Case of customers reacting to the low air quality brought about by smoking customers; Efforts of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) company to...
- 3G testing gets serious. Paakkolanvaara, Pertti // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p69
Focuses on the motivation in the deployment of the third generation (3G) networks. Use of high-capacity data services; Development of wireless application protocol; Technical challenges in wireless personal services.
- A revolution in our midst. Puetz, John // Satellite Communications;Mar2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the Internet technology and Internet Protocol. Forecast on the growth of Internet users from around the world by 2005; Views on the capacity of transoceanic routes and Internet traffic; Effect of the Internet on content distribution.
- Shepherding Wireless IP. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p28
Comments on factors that will affect the management of wireless communication Internet protocol (IP) in Canada. Application of lessons learned from fixed-line communication providers; Goal to achieve spectrum optimization; Internet protocol architecture challenges of wireless IP providers. ...
- Faster Internet Connections. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p16
Presents WipLL solution of Marconi Company for Internet access by Telecosmo in Mexico. Benefits of using the Internet protocol; Features of the wireless system; Provision of antennas for high-speed data service.
- Hot tech hoopla. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p51
No abstract available.
- Finger Pointing in Backhaul. Olson, Catherine Applefeld // Wireless Review;11/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p8
Focuses on backhauls which remains the primary cause of outages in wireless networks. Problem with backhauls; Companies that offer fault-management solutions which can obliterate, if not compensate for, trouble on the line; Description on backhaul complications in the Internet protocol-based...
- QoS Protection. Sangillo, Mike // Wireless Review;8/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p27
Focuses on quality of service (QoS) mechanisms in Internet Protocol (IP)-based wireless communications networks. Discussion on setting traffic priorities; Factors that need be considered in providing end-to-end QoS for wireless and terrestrial IP networks; Implementation of QoS; Challenges in...