An 'Interoperable' Future
- Group tackles interoperability to give MPLS needed boost. Greene, Tim // Network World;7/19/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p14
This article reports on the collaboration between industry groups MPLS & Frame Relay Alliance and the ATM Forum to focus on interoperability to improve Multi-protocol Label Switching Services. The providers want standards to improve the interoperability of technologies and promote the...
- Taking Inventory. McKay, Jim // Government Technology;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p020
Reports on the inventory of radio systems undertaken by the State Interoperability Executive Committee of Washington State to develop interoperability standards. Responsibilities of the committee; Goals and deadlines; Significance of the initiative to law enforcement and disaster management.
- End-to-end NAG remains difficult. Snyder, Joel // Network World;5/1/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p42
The article features the three interoperability demonstrations made by the InteropLabs network access control (NAC) team in its goal to bring together interoperable products in each NAC silo. The demonstrations included networks namely Trusted Computing Group's Trusted Network Connect,...
- LONMARK INTERNATIONAL AWARDS "BEST OF YEAR" WINNERS FOR 2013. // Sensors;1/24/2014, p1
The article announces the winners of nonprofit LonMark International's 2013 "Best of the Year" awards for control networking interoperability standards including Institute for Space and Defense Electronics (ISDE), Honeywell International Inc., and Toshirou Tomita.
- WS-I Drives Interoperability. Krill, Paul // InfoWorld;8/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p16
Presents information on the Basic Profile 1.0 document released by the Web Services Interoperability Organization aimed as a guideline for unified Web services support. Specifications for Web services interoperability; Importance of the document; Major companies in the information technology...
- Make Interoperability Happen. Horst, John // Quality;Nov2005, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p42
Provides tips on how to solve interoperability problems. Presentation of scenarios that would determine if a company has an interoperability problem; Key requirements for an interoperability solution; Assertion on the need for commitment and concurrency for an effective solution.
- Opening standards in enterprise integration. Fussel, Ellen // InTech;Dec2003, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p21
Discusses the need for an open standard for interoperability for exchanging data and information between devices on the factory floor and the enterprise with stops in between. Efforts to simplify the development of interoperable operations; Information on the goal of Instrumentation Systems and...
- Nokia draws fire for PoC push. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;Apr2004, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the move of the Finnish company Nokia Corp. to push its own PoC interoperability initiative with its own technology. Joint interoperability test for PoC technology by Eriksson, Motorola and Siemens; Interoperability agreement between Nokia with Samsung; Release of handsets by Nokia...
- NX Appliances Verified. // Database & Network Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the verification of the NX appliances of Silver Peak System by Brocade Communications Systems Inc. for compatibility with Brocade-based Storage Area Networking (SAN) infrastructure as indicated in the testing requirement of the Brocade Data Center Ready Program in Great...