Got gas? Go sell it
- WTE industry pushes for standard. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;05/19/97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p5
Reports that at a workshop hosted by the United States Senate, the waste-to-energy industry attempted to persuade the Senate to allow renewable fuel sources to compete in a deregulated electricity market. Focus on the workshop; Factors associated with the debate surrounding renewable resources;...
- Section 10. Renewable Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Mar2003, p137
Presents charts and graphs depicting the consumption of renewable energy in the U.S. Total energy consumption; Sources of renewable energy; Net imports of renewable energy.
- Consumer choice could increase renewable energy. // Pollution Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p8
Reports the impact of consumers choice of electricity generation on the use of renewable energy in the United States. Production of electricity through renewable resources; Offer of green pricing programs by utilities in states; Success of green power marketing in states with retail market...
- The state of U.S. renewable power. // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar99, Issue 172, p16
Focuses on renewable power generation in the United States (US). Wind-power generation capacity of US; Annual solar energy consumption; Electric generation capacity of US geothermal power plants.
- World Geothermal Power Up 50%, New U.S. Boom Possible. // Energy User News;Aug2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the expansion of the geothermal energy production in the U.S. according to the Geothermal Energy Association. Status of the renewable power source; Assessment of the annual growth of energy power production in other countries; Significant gains of the energy industry.
- Piezoelectric wave power. // Modern Power Systems;Jan95, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
Reports on United States-based company Ocean Power Technologies Inc.'s development of a power system that uses the piezoelectric effect to generate electricity from ocean waves. Description of the technology.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p32
A list of the top waste management companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Republic Services, Evergreen Recycling and Industrial Waste Utilization.
- Buyers beware when spec'ing truck replacement parts Sturgess, Steve // World Wastes;Aug1992, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p50
No abstract available.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the acquisition and contract developments of the landfill industry in the United States as of March 1997. Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s acquisition of the R&A Benedr Inc. landfill and collection operations; US Manufacturing Inc.'s acquisition of GDS Screens Inc.; $1.3 million...