Recycled purchases wane, despite 47 state laws
- Waste news pricing chart. // Waste News;9/30/96, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p30
Presents statistical information on prices recyclers are paying for material in the United States. Prices for paper, metals, glass, plastics and rubber.
- U.S. must buy more recycled. // Waste News;04/14/97, Vol. 2 Issue 47, p8
Editorial. States that government agencies in the United States should purchase more recycled-content products. Listing of some of the most popular recycled-content products; Budget allocated for the purchase of recycled-content procurement.
- Selling green products to government gets easier. // In Business;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Reports on initiatives aimed at facilitating increased sale of recycled content products to government agencies. Environmental Protection Agency's publication of the `Comprehensive Guideline for Procurement of Products Containing Recovery Materials'; Internet assistance provided by the King...
- Recycling ramifications. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/02/96, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p7
Report that New Hampshire's `Buy Recycled' purchasing policies, along with that of other states and cities, was cited as among the strongest in the United States. Highlights of the report released by the U.S. Public Interest Research Group Education Fund, an affiliate of the Ralph...
- D.C. groups back buy-recycled project. // Waste News;05/05/97, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p6
Presents information on a campaign which was launched by the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments on April 24, 1997, in efforts to increase purchases of recycled-content products. What the campaign involves; Corporate sponsors of the event.
- Government procurement boosts rerefined oil. // BioCycle;Feb96, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the passage of an executive order which mandates recycled content in procurement by government agencies. Impact of the executive order on the marketing of rerefine motor oil; Changes in US Postal Service's operations.
- Five Tips to Consider Before Buying Refurbished Equipment. Green, Thomas G. // Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p291
Presents tips on buying remanufactured medical equipment. Importance of checking the vendor's qualifications; Way to determine the value of the medical device offered; Advantage of purchasing a medical device from a specialist over a general supplier.
- A Green Success Story. Frisch, Katherine K. // Government Procurement;Oct2004, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on the commitment by King county, Washington to environmental purchasing that began in 1989 with the Recycled Product Procurement Policy that directed county agencies to purchase recycled material "whenever practicable." King County's Environmental Purchasing Program (KCEPP)...
- Policy Updates Inspire Environmental Purchasing. Case, Scot // Government Procurement;Feb2004, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
Environmental purchasing policies are again making headlines. Governments began adopting" buy recycled" purchasing policies in the mid-1980s to reduce pressures on overburdened landfills and protect the environment by stimulating markets for recycled-content products. As a result, growing...