Prince George*s Debt
- Arizona Readies $60 Million of COPs To Retire Facilities Debt Issued n 1990s. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p38
Reports on launch of a multi-million dollar of certificates of participation (COP) for retiring debt issued by Arizona Department of Administration. Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to COP; Repayment of the debt with revenues generated from rental payments; Corporate profile of the...
- Sacramento County to Sell COPs for Juvenile Hall Project. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p4
The article reports that for the renovation of the county's juvenile hall, Sacramento County, California's Board of Supervisors last week authorized the sale of $43.5 million of certificates of participation (COP) to keep the project from running out money. The Office of Budget and Debt...
- Jackson County Lawsuit Again Raises Question of COPs in Georgia. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p3
Reports that a lawsuit filed by a taxpayer in Jackson County, Georgia over the county's proposed sale of $25 million of certificates of participation (COP) to build a courthouse, has raised question over COPs in Georgia. Charges over municipalities regarding use of debt instruments; Response...
- Are Participation Certificates Part of the Public Debt? Bratter, Herbert // Banking;Apr67, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p39
Focuses on the question of whether participation certificates (PC) are part of the public debt. Position of the U.S. Department of Treasury to the purchase of certain PC by government trust fund; Analysis on the legal questions of whether PC must be included in the public debt and hence subject...
- Colorado RTD Waiting for the Right Time to Swap $132M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p28
Reports on the completion of Regional Transportation District's restructuring plans for its outstanding certificates of participation in Colorado. Restructure of the outstanding variable-rate debt into a revenue bond; Swap of the revenue bond to fixed-rate under terms of an interest rate...
- Tobacco District COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports that Durham, North Carolina will sell multi-million dollars worth of certificates of participation.
- Replica Ships Are a Headache, Not History, for Corpus Christi. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p26
Reports on the certificates of participation that Corpus Christi, Texas will pay. Use of the proceeds from the certificates for the construction of replicas of ships; Cost of the replicas.
- Texas County COP Sale to Finance a Prison, Maybe Prosperity. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31139, p30
Reports on the sale of taxable revenue certificates of participation by Reeves County, Texas to finance a prison. Structure of the certificates of participation; Payment terms.
- Wine Makes Calif. County's Tender Offer Hard to Refuse. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p3
Reports on Mendocino County, California's tender offer for certificates of participation. Fees that the county will pay to brokers; Success of the county's offer.