- Municipal Bond Market Set for More Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/19/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34413, p1
Municipal bond traders were set for more supply to price on Wednesday after seeing over $4 billion of new deals hit the market on Tuesday.
- Municipals Head North, Favoring Long Term, As Supply Increases. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32133, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market moved higher on Friday with most firmness seen on the long end, which cheapens on a relative basis when Treasuries rally, attracting investor demand. Traders said bonds changed hands at yields that were as much as three and four basis points...
- Structured Finance Profitability Falls 26%. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p6
Reports on the decline of profitability for bond insurers in the U.S. structured finance. Activity of credit enhancers; Competition among insurers.
- Louisiana Flaunts Double Upgrade With $290 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p38
Louisiana will come to the bond market with 290 million dollars of general obligation bonds in late May 1, 2003 its once-troubled credit supported by improved ratings that should reduce borrowing costs. The bonds will be sold competitively on May 15 via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system....
- Southeast Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p32
Lists bonds for issuance in southeast United States. Issuer; Value; Underwriter; Expected sale date.
- Municipal Mysteries. Mysak, Joe // National Review;2/6/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p38
This article comments on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. in January 1995. The municipal bond market in Orange County, California is experiencing a hard time. The interest rates in the market is continuously improving while the bond issuance rate is decreasing. As investigated...
- PRIVATE GUARANTEES FOR MUNICIPAL BONDS: EVIDENCE FROM THE AFTERMARKET. Quigley, John M.; Rubinfeld, Daniel L. // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p29
This paper considers the market for private guarantees for municipal debt. It reviews the empirical evidence on the effects of insurance upon the pricing of new issues. It also presents the first empirical evidence available on the effects of bond insurance in the aftermarket for tax exempt...
- N.Y. Goes Back to School. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31654, p1
The New York Municipal Bond Bank will price a $23 million insured deal in June 2003 in its effort to kick off plans to sell more than $400 million of special-purpose revenue bonds to fund aid payments in arrears to some state school districts, including New York City's. The state is also...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p31
Presents a chart depicting visible supply by states in the U.S. as of June 24, 2004.