Report: Cowboys Stadium Plans Could Hurt, Rather Than Help, Arlington
- Lambeau Tax Success. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/19/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32052, p31
Reports on the sales tax imposed on Brown County, Wisconsin to finance the renovation of Green Bay-owned Lambaeau Field. Total revenue generated from the sales tax; Bond issuance in 2001 that helped finance the football stadium's renovation.
- Revenues understated, more stadium evidence, new fees punish taxpayers for mistakes of city fathers. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/14/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p23
The article addresses issues pertaining to the economic and political environment in Utah. According to the author, the TC-23 is the most viewed periodic financial report issued by the Utah state government. However, the figures it discloses understates by about $104 million the amount of...
- Twins Stadium Issue Advanced. // Construction Bulletin;5/12/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 19, p6
The article reports that a Twins ballpark bill has been passed by the Minnesota House Taxes Committee. It was decided that Hennepin County could initiate the increase in sales tax even without a countrywide referendum. Hennepin County would pay some amount out of the $522-million required for...
- Sacramento County Agrees to Put Arena Tax Hike on Ballot. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p40
The article reports on agreement of Sacramento County officials, the National Basketball Association's Sacramento Kings team and the Women's National Basketball Association's Monarch to ask voters for a 0.25 percent sales tax increase that could fund a new arena costing between 472 million...
- VIRGINIA. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;3/15/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p7
The article informs that operating an athletic facility is not subject to Virginia retail sales and use tax because a customized marketing consulting package is a nontaxable service.
- Minneapolis renews efforts to build new stadium for Twins. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p7
Reports on the agreement between Minneapolis and Hennepin County, Minnesota, that include a countywide sales tax to help finance a stadium for the Minnesota Twins baseball team and other sports facilities in Minneapolis. Estimates on the revenue which may be generated from the sales tax; Other...
- Neighbors for Siemens? Petersen, Jeri // Fort Worth Business Press;3/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
Describes the efforts of residents in Arlington, Texas to build the Ballpark in Arlington, a public facility which includes a stadium, a museum, a children's learning center and others. Tax passed to help build the facility; Details of the construction of the facility; Total cost of the...
- TEXAS TAX TREATMENT OF STADIUM LUXURY SUITES EXPLAINED. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;
The article discusses the tax treatment of stadium luxury suites in Texas and notes that a license to use a stadium luxury suite to view amusement events is subject to Texas sales and use tax although some leases of a luxury suite are treated as nontaxable leases of real property.
- Too much, too soon? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p1
Reports that the Green Bay Packers football team wants to renovate the Lambeau Field Stadium with the help of a sales tax increase in Brown County, Wisconsin. Local officials' concerns on the tax's long-term impact on county financing; Belief that the plan is moving too quickly through the...