High Point, N.C., Selling Its First Water-Sewer Revenue Bonds
- Philadelphia Skipping November GO Vote as $70M Fails to Gain Support. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p36
Reports that Philadelphia will not ask its voters to approve general obligation bonds in November 2005. Deadline for placing referendums on the ballot after a bill authorizing a bond in question failed to win the necessary two-thirds majority; Calls for the city to adopt a new procedure for...
- Tran Deals Rated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that Standard and Poor's rated both Los Angeles, California, and Oakland, California, SP1-plus for forthcoming tax and revenue anticipation note issues.
- North Carolina Back to New Money With $488M of GOs. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/31/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33291, p5
The article reports that North Carolina has planned to sell 487.7 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bonds with triple-A rate that will mature between 2011 and 2030.
- The 'New' Miami Gets Raters' Nod on First Capital Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p28
Reports on the plan of Miami government to sell limited ad valorem tax bonds as part of the 107-year-old south Florida city's capital improvement presented to credit rating agencies. Worth of bonds sold by the city; Evaluation on the spending of proceeds from the sale of bonds; Rate given by...
- Louisiana Set to Sell $650 Million GO Refunding Today. Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/12/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32048, p4
The article reports that officials of the Louisiana state have planned to come with a US$650 million general obligation refunding deal. The early estimates indicate that it could generate a net present-value savings of 4.3%, or US$28.1 million. The bonds will be sold through negotiation with...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Weaken. Flynn, Hillary // Bondbuyer.com;11/6/2014, p33
The article reports on the weaker weekly average maturity yield of Bond Buyer's Municipal Bond Index as of November 6, 2014. Topics covered include the 20-Bond Government Organization (GO) Index yields for 20-year general obligation bonds by eight basis points while the 30-year Treasury bonds...
- Rating Agencies: LIPA Ruling Not Likely to Affect Credits. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31036, p3
Reports on the effects of the ruling striking down an agreement in which Suffolk County, New York ratepayers would repay the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) up to 625 million dollars in excess taxes collected from LIPA. Expected changes in the ratings on the bonds or the communities.
- Groton, Conn., Gos Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p2
No abstract available.
- Rhode Island Mayor Fires Back at Moody's Over City's Downgrade to Junk Status. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/03/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31049, p6
No abstract available.