N.Y.C.'s STAR Sale, Massachusetts Deals Highlight Calendar
- NYC Delays $650M GO Sale Till Nov. 3. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p2
The article reports that New York City plans to sell $650 million of general obligation bonds next week in a deal that will include a $100 million taxable tranche. The new-money deal was originally scheduled for this week but was delayed to accommodate the city's $2.6 billion Sales Tax Asset...
- The Market's New STAR. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p1
Reports on the reaction of the municipal bond market of New York City's proposed sale of Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. (STAR). Reasons why the proposed STAR sale is considered an attractive deal by bond buyers; Governor George Pataki's opposition to the deal; Expected price of the STAR bonds.
- New York's $2.6B MAC Deal Set for Week of Oct. 25. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31988, p7
The article reports that New York City plans to be in the market with its long awaited and controversial $2.6 billion Municipal Assistance Corp. debt refinancing. The bonds are secured with $5.1 billion of state sales tax revenue that the state legislature agreed to give to the city over 30...
- N.Y City's STAR Plans $2B Tax-Exempt Sale. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34172, p1
The article focuses on the statement of spokesman for city Comptroller Scott Stringer, concerning plan of New York City's Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. to sell two billion dollars of tax-exempt, fixed-rate bonds on September 23, 2014 after a two-day retail order period.
- N.Y. STAR Corp. Prepares to Refinance $2.5B of MAC Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p44
Reports that Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. will begin refinancing in Municipal Assistance Corp. debt in New York City. Sale of bonds in different series; Efforts of city officials for the acquisition of updated ratings for the proposed state sales tax-backed STAR Corp. credit;...
- Market Post: NYC Deal Tightens in Secondary Trading. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;9/26/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F337, p1
The newly issued New York City Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corporation deal strengthened in trading on Thursday morning, leading most-traded security lists.
- Market Close: NYC STAR Yields Driven Down in Secondary. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;9/26/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F337, p1
The newly issued New York City Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corporation topped trading lists by midday Thursday, driving yields down as much as 14 basis points from their original yield offerings.
- Market Post: NYC STARs Trading Volume Explodes. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;9/26/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F337, p1
The newly issued New York City Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corporation topped trading lists by midday Thursday, indicating the deal's intense popularity.
- Market Post: Yields Tighten in Limited Secondary Market. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;9/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34185, p1
Secondary market trading saw yields strengthen on Friday morning as traded shirted their focus away from the primary markets temporarily.