Munis Little Changed, But Underlying Tone Improves as Oil Prices Climb
- Yield Indexes Mostly Down, Thanks to Wary Market. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p29
Reports on the decline of "The Bond Buyer's" yield index following a wary market facing high oil prices in the U.S. Reduction of the municipal bond yields in reaction to the July inflation number; Decrease of the consumer price index; Volatility of the economy.
- Munis End Slightly Up as Spreads On Hurricane Zone Paper Widen. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p2
Reports developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Detection of the slow trading of municipal bonds; Contribution of an increase in oil prices on the trading; Anticipation for rising credit risks in the Gulf Coast states.
- Prices Rise Ahead of Busy Week for Economic Data. Curran, William; Scarchill, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32367, p2
The article reports on the modest improvement of municipal bonds as oil prices decline in the U.S. Economic traders stated that yields declined by two or three basis points as prices increased. The bids in high-grade sector were strong backed by gains in Treasuries. The Federal Open Market...
- N.Y. State Leads With $252M of GOs; Yields Fall Two Basis Points. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p2
Presents information on bond market in the U.S. on May 1, 2003. New York State, the Port of Seattle, and the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority brought a total of more than 500 million dollars in new loans to market, while cash bond yields fell two basis points overall. Treasuries were...
- Munis Little Changed, Tone Firm; Treasuries Up From Earlier Decline. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p2
Reports on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Change in the municipal yields and treasuries; Expectation of Anne Briglia, a fixed-income strategist at Prudential Securities Inc., regarding treasury trade; Issue of bonds by Goldman Sachs & Co.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p37
Presents statistical data related to bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Data related to daily and weekly municipal bond index; Prices of the U.S. securities; Prices of 40 municipal bonds.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, January 23. // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p2
Presents a chart showing the performance of the bond market in the United States on January 23, 2001. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal futures.
- Munis Ride Coattails of Major Treasury Rally. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p2
The article reports on the impact of large Treasury market rally to the municipal bond market in the U.S. for 2006. The treasuries allowed municipal yields to decline by 3 basis points, making it the largest rally in the year. According to various traders, Treasury rally helped borrowers in...
- Tuesday's Market: Muni Prices Slide 1/4 to 1/2 Point As Treasury Bonds Take a Dive. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas; The Bond Buyer Wire // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p2
Presents information related to U.S. treasury and municipal bonds in the bond market as of November 20, 2001. Impact of treasury bond prices on secondary market prices; Top yield set by underwriters on issues by Missouri Development Finance Board; Bonds that has comprised the final offering.