Jobless Rate Better In Regions, States
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Dec2002, Issue 12, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in 2002. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Apr2003, Issue 13, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in the year ending May 2003. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- It Can't be Done. Lorimer, George Horace // Saturday Evening Post;1/25/1936, Vol. 208 Issue 30, p22
Focuses on the difficulties and complexities in relieving unemployment rate in the U.S. Projects proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to make employment; Acceptance of the billion-dollar Relief Act for employment projects by the Administration; Actions made by the government in...
- Jobless Claims Drop 25,000 to 303,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p2
Reports that first-time applications for state unemployment has dropped sharply from 25 thousand to 300 thousand in the week ended November 12, 2005 in Washington.
- Jobless rate higher. // OECD Observer;Dec2003, Issue 240, p4
Reports on the increase in jobless rate in OECD countries in September 2003. Percentage of the increase in France and in the U.S.
- Current Employment Problems. Kotliar, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the employment problems in Russia. Manpower shortage and layoff; Economic nature of unemployment; Nature of labor activity.
- Regional Activity: Fourth District Employment Conditions, September. Fee, Kyle D. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2008, p25
The article reports on the employment conditions in Fourth District counties as of September 2008. The District's unemployment remained steady at 6.9% for the period, with the flat unemployment rate being attributed to relatively small changes in the number of people employed. West Virginia and...
- Employed and unemployed full- and part-time workers by age, sex, and race. // Employment & Earnings;Jan1998, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p171
Presents information on the employed and unemployed full-time and part-time workers, by age, sex and race in the United States in 1997.
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, August 1998. // Employment & Earnings;Sep98, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the development on employment and unemployment in the United States as of August 1998. Statistics on unemployed people in the country; Employment population ratio in the country; Details on the increased nonfarm payroll employment and manufacturing employment; Contributing factors to...