Jobless Rate Better In Regions, States
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Apr2003, Issue 13, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in the year ending May 2003. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- Jobless rate higher. // OECD Observer;Dec2003, Issue 240, p4
Reports on the increase in jobless rate in OECD countries in September 2003. Percentage of the increase in France and in the U.S.
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Dec2002, Issue 12, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in 2002. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- It Can't be Done. Lorimer, George Horace // Saturday Evening Post;1/25/1936, Vol. 208 Issue 30, p22
Focuses on the difficulties and complexities in relieving unemployment rate in the U.S. Projects proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to make employment; Acceptance of the billion-dollar Relief Act for employment projects by the Administration; Actions made by the government in...
- Jobless Claims Drop 25,000 to 303,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p2
Reports that first-time applications for state unemployment has dropped sharply from 25 thousand to 300 thousand in the week ended November 12, 2005 in Washington.
- News Digest. // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p22
Presents news briefs related to employment in the United States (US). Increase in the productivity rate of the US; Drop in the US unemployment rate; Ruling of the court on temporary workers at Microsoft Inc.
- Employment and unemployment developments, August 1999. // Employment & Earnings;Sep99, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p1
Reports on employment and unemployment developments in the United States for August 1999. Number of unemployed persons; Civilian labor force; Number of persons not in the labor force; Industry payroll employment; Average workweek; Hourly and weekly earnings.
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, November 2005. // Employment & Earnings;Dec2005, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p1
The article provides a detailed review of employment and unemployment developments in the U.S. in November 2005. Statistics on the unemployment rate and the number of unemployed persons over the month are presented. Total employment, the employment-population ratio and the labor force...
- Labor force participation in the Soviet and post-Soviet Baltic States. Smith, Kenneth // Economic Change & Restructuring;Nov2011, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p335
It is well documented that labor force participation rates fell precipitately as the economies of the former Soviet Union and Central and Eastern Europe made the transition from plan to market. However data allowing for direct comparison between the planned and transition periods of specific...