Jobless Rate Better In Regions, States
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Dec2002, Issue 12, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in 2002. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Apr2003, Issue 13, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in the year ending May 2003. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- It Can't be Done. Lorimer, George Horace // Saturday Evening Post;1/25/1936, Vol. 208 Issue 30, p22
Focuses on the difficulties and complexities in relieving unemployment rate in the U.S. Projects proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to make employment; Acceptance of the billion-dollar Relief Act for employment projects by the Administration; Actions made by the government in...
- Jobless rate higher. // OECD Observer;Dec2003, Issue 240, p4
Reports on the increase in jobless rate in OECD countries in September 2003. Percentage of the increase in France and in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Drop 25,000 to 303,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p2
Reports that first-time applications for state unemployment has dropped sharply from 25 thousand to 300 thousand in the week ended November 12, 2005 in Washington.
- Current Employment Problems. Kotliar, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the employment problems in Russia. Manpower shortage and layoff; Economic nature of unemployment; Nature of labor activity.
- News Digest. // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p22
Presents news briefs related to employment in the United States (US). Increase in the productivity rate of the US; Drop in the US unemployment rate; Ruling of the court on temporary workers at Microsoft Inc.
- Unemployment Uptick In Store. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the open unemployment rate in Mexico for the month of February 2006. Employment rate in Mexico; Increase in maquila employment in January 2006.
- Regional Activity: Fourth District Employment Conditions. Fee, Kyle // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2008, p24
The article reports on the employment conditions of the U.S. Fourth District states. Its unemployment rate increased 0.2%, reaching 6.9% for the month of August. Rural Appalachian counties continue to experience higher levels of unemployment, and counties along the Ohio-Michigan border have...