America (The Bestseller) A Hit For Warner Books
- Wal-Mart Not Carrying 'America' Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;10/25/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the decision of retailer chain Wal-Mart to cancel its orders of the book "America: The Book" from publisher Warner Books in the U.S. Reason for the decision of Wal-Mart to refuse selling books authored by Jon Stewart; Reputation of Wal-Mart in the stocking of books; Sales performance...
- Mystery Books Lead New York Times Hardcover Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the dominance of mystery novels in the New York Times hardcover fiction bestseller list. Rank of Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code"; Number of bestsellers produced by Simon & Schuster; Schedules of the release of "Night Fall" from Warner Books.
- The Latin touch. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 244 Issue 35, pS4
Considers publishing trends in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Mexico as of 1997. Argentina's position as the first real publishing center of South America and its apparent return from decades of economic turmoil; Details of the book market in Brazil; Depression of Colombian publishing...
- The Polish Bookmarket. Golebiewski, Lukas // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p56
Describes the changes in the publishing and bookselling industries in Poland as of December 2001. Cause of the disintegration and dispersion of book distribution network; Consequences of contracts commissioning the distribution of books in the market; Reasons for the decline in total book...
- In the Works. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p12
Informs on upcoming book titles in Canada and elsewhere. 'Till You Drop,' by Jessica Johnson; 'The House Is Also a Home: An Engaging Look at Curling in Canada,' by Doug Clark; Japanese rights to David Kuhl's 'What Dying People Want'; 'The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum,' by Kim Izzo and Ceri...
- What a Shelf Life! // Scholastic Scope;2/16/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the top 150 best-selling books released by the publication "USA Today" in the U.S.
- `With a little help from my friends': Training and education of professional booksellers and... Grunhagen, Hein H. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p52
Describes the training centers of booksellers and publishers in the Netherlands. Development of curriculum; Job profiles.
- Bookbytes. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p17
Reports on several book deals. Hyperion executive Will Schwalbe's book advance to female sea captain Linda Greenlaw; Writer James W. Hall's rumored three-book deal; Broadway's two-book deal with Frances Mayes; Others.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the sales and financial performances of United States book sellers and publishers as of October 2, 2000. Increased sales by Ottaker's; HMV Media's increase in sales; C&B Publishing's pretax losses.