Scholastic Pushes Into Religious Category With Davey and Goliath Deal
- Augsburg Fortress reports losses. // Christian Century;05/16/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 16, p9
Reports the net loss of Augsburg Fortress, the publishing company of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, in 2000 and in the first-quarter of 2001. Factors that contributed on the loss; Reorganization efforts of the management to increase the sales of company.
- Augsburg Fortress plans layoffs, store closings, end of consumer sales. // Christian Century;12/16/2008, Vol. 125 Issue 25, p15
This article reports that Augsburg Fortress, the publishing company of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, will stop selling book retail but continue to publish textbooks and church materials. The company will close its bookstores and layoff 55 employees. President Beth Lewis said it was...
- 'Sobering' Year for Augsburg Fortress. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/14/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 20, p18
Provides information on the corporate profits of Augsburg Fortress, the publishing arm of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, in the first half of 2001. Comparison between the sales of the company between 2001 and the previous years; Plan of the company to improve its sales on the...
- ELCA sued. // Christian Century;10/16/91, Vol. 108 Issue 29, p927
Discusses a lawsuit filed against the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) by former ELCA executive William A. Hanrahan. Basis for the suit; Comments from David Hardy, ELCA general counsel.
- ELCA issues new sexuality statement. // Christian Century;11/23/94, Vol. 111 Issue 34, p1105
Reports on the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America's (ELCA) release of the new study document `Human Sexuality: A Possible Social Statement of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.' Controversy over ELCA's 1993 statement on sexuality; Theological reflection designed to serve as...
- Court will not review lawsuit. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;2/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p8
Reports that the Minnesota Supreme Court has declined to review a lower court's dismissal of a suit that challenges investment policies of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Court's lack of jurisdiction to intervene in internal church policy; Details of the lawsuit.
- ELCA wants sexuality statement. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;9/15/95, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the call of delegates to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America's (ELCA) Churchwide Assembly for a church statement concerning the issues of human sexuality. Passage of a resolution calling for a statement about the church's position on homosexuality.
- Lutherans delay debate on economic statement. // Christian Century;3/13/96, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p287
Reports that the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has put off for two years action on a statement spelling out the denomination's stance on economic issues confronting the nation and the world. Reaction to a proposed statement covering controversial issues of human sexuality.
- Mainline Watch. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Oct2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p43
The article offers news briefs related to mainline churches in the U.S. in 2008. The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Foundation will give homosexual activist groups a $1.2 million to support a strategic faith-based efforts. A secretary of Evangelical Lutheran Church of America has revealed...