Puffin Graphic Novels Series Created To Grab Share Of Growing Market
- Puffin Launches Classics Graphic Novel Series. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/11/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 41, p12
Reveals that Puffin Books division is launching a series of graphic novels to be called Puffin Graphics that will combine comics illustration with classic works of literature. Reason Puffin is working with Byron Preiss Visual Publications Inc.; List of books to be launch; Remarks from Jen...
- Preiss's ibooks imprint to feature Web promotion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p14
Reports on book publisher Byron Preiss Visual Publications' joint venture with Pocket Books to launch its ibooks imprint. Use of the Internet for marketing of the books published under the imprint.
- `Scientific American' joins Preiss for books. // Publishers Weekly;4/12/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p18
Reports that Byron Preiss Visual Publications has ventured with the periodical `Scientific American,' to develop a series of adult nonfiction science and gift books under the periodical's name.
- More on the Graphic Format. // Book Links;May2008, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p12
The article lists several publishers in the U.S. that have expanded their graphic-format series, including the ABDO Publishing Co., Capstone Publishers, and Lerner Publishing Group.
- Brick Tower Acquires Three Firms in Bankruptcy Agreement. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p1
The article presents information on a bankruptcy agreement in which publisher Brick Tower Press acquired a pair of companies and one imprint. Under the deal, Tower Press publisher John Colby purchased Ibooks Inc. and book packager Byron Preiss Visual Publications Inc. Milk & Cookies Press, the...
- Before the Spotlight Dims. Seidman, David // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 44, p62
The article focuses on the steps that the graphic novel industry should take in order to prepare for the future decline in their sales. According to the author, the industry need to build alliances with librarians, booksellers and readers. The San Diego ComicCon, for one, has entire tracks of...
- THE BOTTOM LINE. Fabicon, Joanna // School Library Journal;Fall2008 Series Made Simple, Vol. 54, p21
The article comments on books reviewed in the section of the journal on animals. The books series "Sharks" is suggested to be unexciting yet accessible to beginners. Other books series topics mentioned include photographs, paintings, fact boxes, interactive text, and graphic-novel formats for...
- Graphic Novel Publishers Seek Mainstream Respect. // Book Publishing Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
Reports on efforts by graphic novel publishers to seek mainstream acceptance of the graphic novel as a format. Increasing number of new graphic novels being published in the United States; Dark Horse Comics Inc.'s plan to publish "Samurai Executioner," the precursor series to the Lone Wolf and...
- Super-Mayors, Gender and Evil Parents. Wolk, Douglas // Publishers Weekly;4/18/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 16, p27
Interviews cartoonist Brian K. Vaughan regarding his comics series. Political ideas behind the comic book "Ex Machina"; Background on the comics "Y the Last Man"; Information on the graphic novel "Pride of Baghdad."