Bank of the West Starts Lending Effort as Alternative to Muni Bond Sales
- England's nascent Eastern region bemoans low funds. Day, Karen // Public Finance;03/26/99, p10
Reports on the Eastern Region Regional Development Agency in England's lobbying efforts to obtain additional funds from the government. Funding of the agency for 1999/2000; Current approach of the government in allocating funds for regional economic development agencies; Proposals to enhance...
- With All Signs Negative, States Eye Revisions, Reserve Funds. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31240, p35
Reports on the plan of midwest governments to slash expenditures for more reserve funds in the United States. Impact of terrorism on the economy; Announcement of a budget deficit by Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack; Revision of the completed budget in Michigan; Budget cuts by state agencies in Ohio.
- Funding standoff draws near. LADIK, SARAH // Hub (Hay River, NT);3/12/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p11
The article focuses on the review of the funding formula for the 33 communities of Northwest Territories which is conducted by the Department of Municipal and Community Affairs (MACA).
- Why we're in a terrible state. Hawkins, Kevin // Grocer;6/16/2012, p23
The author comments on the waste of public money by British government departments and the call for state intervention to manipulate people's decisions on what they should eat and drink.
- De novo banks in Midwest showing impressive results. Morrison, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p25
Reports the financial performance growth of new banks in the Middle West. Enumeration of the banks based in Detroit and Indiana; Factors contributing to the creation and success of the banks; Role of regulatory agencies; Advantages of new banks.
- Europe retools regulators. Zwick, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the efforts of banks and brokerage to choose a single regulatory agency for Europe. Addition of an unnecessary level of bureaucracy; Advocation of a federal structure similar to the European System of Central Banks; Benefits of a fractured European market.
- CPAs call on Hacienda and CRIM to purge debtor lists. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;6/19/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the call for the government to allocate necessary funds to the Treasury Department and the Municipal Revenue Collections Center in Puerto Rico. Initiative to minimize the government's budget shortfall; Purging of debtor lists in government agencies; Consequence from the government's...
- Georgia session ends with birth of transportation agency. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30606, p26
Focuses on Georgia General Assembly's passage of a bill to establish the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority. Hot item for bond finance; Pet project of Georgia Governor Roy Barnes; Budget for the expansion of the World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Concerns remain over Restormel. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;3/28/2003, p15
Reports that British Audit Commission inspectors plan to keep the planning department of the Restormel Borough Council in Cornwall, England, under scrutiny for a year. Concerns expressed by the agency over the quality of services provided; Details of the report issued by the agency in January 2003.