Higher Ed Real Estate
- Angelides Seeks Renewal of Dairy Pollution Bond Freeze. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p36
Reports on California Treasurer Phil Angelides' call for other members of the California Pollution Control Financing Authority to halt new bond financing of dairy pollution control projects until better air and water protection standards are in place. Inclusion of a bond financing application...
- Angelides: Here's My Plan. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p31
The article focuses on a proposal released by state treasurer Phil Angelides, the Democratic nominee for California governor, to balance the state's budget. Angelides claims that his plan for fiscal 2008 would bring in $5.1 billion in additional revenues and $1.15 billion in spending cuts. The...
- Contingency plan set forth. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/27/2004, Issue 323210, p1
Reports on the contingency plan unveiled by Prop. 57 opponent and California State treasurer Phil Angelides should the voters decide to reject the governor's billion-dollar bond. Assertions of Angelides on the implications of the contingency plan for the state's budget; Sources of revenue that...
- Angelides Names New Public Finance Director. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p27
The article reports on California Treasurer Phil Angelides' appointment of Katie Carroll as director of public finance division at the State Treasurer's Office. Carroll will oversee programs that carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of the state treasurer. She will issue California general...
- Fiscal Campaigns. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31806, p31
Reports on the protest of State Treasurer Phil Angelides against the spending cuts for institutions of higher education. Proponents of the spending cuts; Universities visited by the treasurer; Provisions of the proposed spending cuts.
- Deficit Bonds Pushed Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p1
Reports that California will move ahead the schedule for its sale of deficit bond issue that voters approved in March 2004. Estimated value of bonds to be sold; Comments of Treasurer Phil Angelides, on the government's efforts to accelerate the bond sale schedule; Schedule for the insured and...
- California bill would allow negotiated GOs. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p32
Reports on the petition by California Treasurer Phil Angelides for the Legislature to change the state law so that he can sell general obligation (GO) refunding bonds through negotiation when necessary. Pricing of GO bonds at a competitive auction; Flexibility to time the market and capture the...
- California GOs are the last under Fong. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/25/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30528, p3
Cites the last general obligation (GO) sale under the term of California Treasurer Matt Fong. Value of the GO to be sold on December 12, 1998 Replacement of Fong by Treasurer-elect Phil Angelides; Plan to use the proceeds for various state building projects.
- California to issue it first Garvees. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p1
Reports on the sale of federal highway grant anticipation revenue vehicles in California. Uses of the proceeds from the Series 2004A Garvees; Bond ratings; Recovery plan of Treasurer Phil Angelides for the state.