S&P: Colleges Stable
- Credit agency cuts outlook for county. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);8/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, pA7
Reports on Standard & Poor's Inc.'s downgrading of the credit rating of Spokane County, Washington. Reasons behind the revision; Impact of the rating downgrade on the county's financial position.
- ILLINOIS: The Fall of Libertyville. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33279, p9
The article reports on the decline of Libertyville, Illinois' general obligation rating by two points, as provided by the Moody's Investor Service, and affirmed its outlook due to a deteriorated fiscal position.
- Moody's Downgrades Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p1
Reports decline in the credit rating given by Moody's Investors Service to the state of Wisconsin. Impact of the credit rating on the state; Factors contributing to the decline in the credit rating; Efforts of state officials to improve bond ratings and stabilize budget policies.
- Students Scramble As Colleges Cut Back on Services. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the impact of state budget cuts on the community colleges in San Diego, California. Occurrence of budget deficit; Cancellation of sections; Increase of tuition fees.
- Moody's Affirms Florida Catastrophe Fund's Upgrade to Aa3. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service announced on August 25, 2004, that it will maintain its upgraded Aa3 rating on the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund. Review of Hurricane Charley's battery of Florida on August 13, 2004; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on...
- THE POLITICAL CHALLENGE. Khadem, Nassim // BRW;9/6/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p33
The article reports that with the Australian Liberal National Party's focus on restoring Queensland's AAA credit rating by reducing mounting debt, Queensland Premier Campbell Newman and his Treasurer Tim Nicholls hired former federal treasurer Peter Costello to undertake an audit of the state's...
- Moody's Report: State Credits Have Nowhere to Go But Up. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p3
Reports on the state credit ratings in the U.S. Impact of the recession on the state credit ratings; Influence of reduced tax revenues on the state credit quality; Annual growth rate of state revenues.
- Idaho Voters Approve New Community College. // Community College Week;6/18/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p27
The article reports on the approval of the creation of a new community college in Idaho. Sixty eight percent of the voters supported the proposed College of Western Idaho. Sixty two percent of voters in Canyon County approved the proposal. The college is estimated to cost taxpayers an additional...
- Buy-Siders: Despite D.C.'s Gains, It Still Has a Lot to Prove. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p6
No abstract available.