Testing, testing: Industry-wide cycle set for March; munis better prepared
- Streetwide Y2K participants attribute success to beta tests. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;03/15/99, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the results of the first weekend test run of the Streetwide year 2000 testing coordinated by the Securities Industry Association (SIA) and PriceCoopersWaterhouse LLP on March 6, 1999. Glitches experienced by Salomon Smith Barney; Praise for SIA's beta tests in July 1998, which helped...
- Brokerages Test Their Y2K Mettle. // Traders Magazine;Mar99, Vol. 12 Issue 149, p12
Focuses on the Year 2000 computer tests coordinated by the Securities Industry Association (SIA). Participants in the test; Details on the test; Information on the committee created by SIA.
- Countdown to Y2K. // American Gas;Sep98, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on a transaction simulation tests conducted by the Securities Industries Association on how systems will function on January 1, 2000. How the test was conducted; Results of the test.
- Securities Association's $3m test finds few snags in year-2000 compliance. Luhby, Tami // American Banker;8/11/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 152, p4
Reports that when the year-2000 compliance was tested by Securities Industry Association (SIA), it was said to have faced problems in August, 1998. Amout of money the test costed SIA; Comments from Don Kittell, executive vice president of SIA; Amount of banks that have successfully processed a...
- SIA to make changes in Y2K testing. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;08/17/98, Vol. 5 Issue 31, p46
States that the Securities Industry Association (SIA), a trade organization reported success in its first round of beta testing aimed at making brokerages year 2000 compliant. Number of companies involved in the beta testing; Details on the process; Comments from executive vice president of...
- After Tests' Success, SIA Eyes Next Phase. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;05/03/99, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the Securities Industry Association's testing of its year 2000 computing problem (Y2K) contingency programs as of May 3, 1999. Results of the tests coordinated by PricewaterhouseCoopers; Problems encountered during the tests; Plans to implement the next phase of the program.
- SIA and 400 firms set to travel forward in time to tackle Y2K. Fadahunsi, Olayinka // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p26
Focuses on plans by the Securities Industry Association (SIA) and its member firms to launch its final series of year 2000 (Y2K) compliance tests for trading systems. Development of tests to examine the firms' ability to complete a full trading cycle without adverse effects from the millennium...
- SIA Committee will aid in averting Y2K crisis. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;08/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30467, p40
Reports on the Securities Industry Association's (SIA) establishment of a policy-level committee to help develop a contingency plan and industry coordination to combat the potential year 2000 computer crisis. Appointment of committee co-chairmen; Assessment of the option of shifting the bulk of...
- Setting Y2K testing standards. Zerega, Blaise // InfoWorld;10/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p71
Reports that the Securities Industry Association has unveiled its industrywide testing schedule for Year 2000 systems of Wall Street. Simulation of trading environment using sensitive dates; Design of the test model.