San Diego Port Selling for First Time Since Airport Spin-Off
- Miss. Agency Selling Water Bonds for Jackson. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p7
Reports on the plan of the Mississippi Development Bank to sell special obligation water and sewer system revenue bonds for the city of Jackson in Mississippi. Amount to be issued for the transaction; Role of Financial Security Assurance Inc. in the deal; Credit rating given to the transaction...
- Fitch, S&P Reports Highlight Growing Number of Downgrades. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;4/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33107, p7
The article focuses on the declined bond ratings issued by the agency Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. in New York in 2009. According to a report, Fitch has signed various downgrades than upgrades in the first quarter, while Standard & Poor tipped in favor of upgrades. The agency...
- S&P Changes Outlook of Atlanta GOs to Positive. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p34
The article reports on the change of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s outlook on general obligation debt to positive from stable in Atlanta, Georgia.
- GUAM: Good News From S&P. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/22/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32656, p9
The article reports on the affirmed B credit rating changes made by Standard & Poor's (S&P) on Guam. The rating changes made by S&P are attributed to the total general fund balance of Guam which is about negative $520 million. It is accounted that the rating action of S&P affects $117 million of...
- S&P Upgrades Orange County, Calif., Ahead of $82M Refunding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p1
Focuses on the effort of Standard & Poor's Corp. in upgrading the issuer credit rating of Orange County, California. Amount intended for the bond refunding; Offer of ad valorem taxes; Financial flexibility of discretionary revenues and expenditures.
- San Rafael RDA, Calif., Tabs Raised. // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p2
Reports on the rise in credit rating of tax allocation bonds of Rafael, California., Redevelopment Agency by credit rating firm Standard & Poor's Corp. Indications revealed by the upgrade in ratings mentioned by credit analyst Gabriel Petek.
- Michigan Agency Readies $285 Million Power Refunding Following S&P Hike. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p40
Reports on plans of the Michigan Public Power Agency for a multi-million dollar refunding of bonds on November 7, 2002 after upgradation of its ratings by Standard & Poors Corp. Changes in the agency's ratings during 2002; Contribution of the original bonds to coal-fired power plant; Agencies...
- MIS SOURI: Big Drop for Centenary. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32601, p9
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has lowered the its ratings assigned to St. Louis, Missouri Industrial Development Authority's $2.1 million debt to C from B. The analysts attribute the downgrade due to the borrower's failure to make two required mortgage payments to the trustee due on...
- S&P Takes Chicago's Mercy Hospital Off Default After Late Payment Made. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p28
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has removed Chicago, Illinois-based Mercy Hospital and Medical Center's rating on $62 million bonds from the default category after the hospital made good in February 2004 on a principal debt service payment it owed. Outlook to the rating; Financial profile...