American Samoa Bonds Now Exempt From State, Local Taxes
- Bush Signs Tax Package Affecting Liberty Bonds, QZABs. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p4
Reports on the approval of the middle-income tax package affecting the New York Liberty Zone private-activity bond program by U.S. President George W. Bush. Extension of tax breaks granted to middle-income taxpayers in 2001; Expansion of the current minimum tax exemption for married couples;...
- Investors must gaze beyond Bush's re-election. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);11/24/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 24, pB14
Suggests what investors should do following the re-election of United States President George W. Bush. Reduction of bond holdings because of the possible rise in interest rates and inflation; Importance of emphasizing stock dividends; Investment in companies that will not face increased regulation.
- Bush Signs Bill With $560 Million Payment, $400 Million GO Authorization. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p4
Reports on the approval of the appropriations bill for fiscal 2005 by President George W. Bush in the U.S. Sale of general obligation bonds; Settlement of the spending package differences between the House and the Senate; Reduction of the total cash reserve.
- Budget Contains Few Bond Proposals. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p1
The article reports on the $3.1 trillion budget for fiscal 2009 proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. The budget request contains a few bond-related tax proposals, including one which allows mortgage revenue bonds to refinance subprime loans. It also calls for temporary tax relief for...
- Increased federal legislation assists Gulf area. // Journal of Property Management;may/jun2006, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the importance of the Gulf Opportunity Zone Act (GOZ) signed by the U.S. President George W. Bush in December 2005, which aims to provide a number of helpful tax benefits for individuals and businesses in the Gulf region, Louisiana. This act authorizes Alabama, Louisiana...
- So What's an Investor to Do? Forbes, Steve // Forbes Global;4/12/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p11
Elaborates on the reasons why investors should put their money on short-term bonds and stocks. Strength of the U.S. economy; Economic condition of China, Japan and Madrid, Spain; Actions to be taken by the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush against Senator John Kerry.
- Tax Relief Act brings educational provisions. Vannierop, Deborah // Inside Tucson Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 18
Discusses tax provisions for education included in the 2001 Tax Relief Act signed by United States President George W. Bush. Annual contribution for each child's education; Prepaid tuition plans; Student-loan interest deductions; College costs.
- President Signs $286.4 Billion, Six-Year Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32194, p5
Reports on the transportation bill signed by U.S. President George W. Bush, to allow private companies to use funds in tax-exempt private activity bonds to finance road building. Reliability of the transportation system; Issuance of the private-activity bonds by state and local governments;...
- Industry At A Glance. // Investment Management Weekly;2/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Presents news briefs concerning the U.S. investment sector, as of February 2003. Investment strategies added by Wells Capital Management to its stable of investment offerings in light of its acquisition on Montgomery Asset Management; Effects of the 2003 state of the union address of U.S....