Lawsuits Against Nonprofit Hospitals Can't Be Consolidated, Panel Rules
- The short-term outlook for hospitals remains grave, Moody's analysts say. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p7
Focuses on the market for bonds issued by nonprofit hospital organizations in the United States as of February 17, 2000. Continuation of decline in quality of credit; Factors affecting the market.
- Defendants Strike Back in Suit Over $46M St. Louis Ballpark Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p1
The article reports that the leaders of the Coalition Against Public Funding for Stadiums who are named in a lawsuit seeking to protect repayment of St. Louis County's $46 million Cardinals ballpark bond issue fired back last week, charging they have been unfairly targeted for their role in...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p41
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of July 2001. Issuance of variable rate refunding bonds; Appointment of Lisa A. Smith as vie president for Evensen Dodge Inc.; Lawsuit charges against Los Angeles World Airport.
- Backers of W. Virginia Pension Issue Hope the End's in Sight. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p38
Reports on the legal dispute over a $3.9 billion taxable bond issue in West Virginia that would go toward several of the state's unfunded pension liabilities. State Governor Bob Wise's efforts to expedite the case and bring it before the state Supreme Court; Concerns on the constitutionality of...
- D.C. Water Agency May Sell $950M -- Eventually. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32023, p5
Reports on the amount of tax-exempt municipal bonds considered for sale to pay for the planned combined sewer-overflow program of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority in Washington D.C. Limitation in the bonds that may come out of the deal; Details of the lawsuit filed against the...
- Oklahoma Lawsuit Could Break $156 Million Bond Package. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p43
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Representative Russ Roach against a revenue bond issue for state capital improvement plan in Oklahoma. Concern over industrial projects to be funded by bond proceeds; Contention on the illegality of the bond issue; Target date for the availability of funds.
- Okla. High Court Declines to Hear Anti-Bond Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the lifting of the case against blocking the bonds sale by the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Finance Authority following the Supreme Court refusal to hear the case in Oklahoma. Purpose of the hearing refusal; Reasons on the alleged unconstitutionality of the bond issues; Causes of the...
- Judge Issues Deadline for Dallas River Project Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p40
Focuses on a lawsuit determining the legality of selling bonds for a project without the approval of the voters in Dallas, Texas. Schedule of the case trials set by judge Anne Ashby; Claims of the Taxpayers for Sensible Priorities over the illegality of the sale of the debt; Overview of the case.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Watts, Jim; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32029, p27
The article analyzes different bonds by southwestern States of United States. In Arizona Tucson Unified School District may allow businesses to advertise products and services on the district's school buses as a way to generate money for schools. A 2002 court order by the Arkansas Supreme Court...