Municipals Make Slight Gains As Louisiana Deal Leads the Day
- Primary Slows Down, With Only $1.1 B Waiting in the Wings. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32556, p6
The article provides updates on the economic performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as January 29, 2007. The volume in the primary bond municipal market is expected to drop for the week to nearly one-tenth of the previous week's total. The largest deal of the week is a $275 million...
- Munis Unchanged as Tone Firms Up a Bit. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/15/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33467, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. in 2011. It shows that the market was unchanged amid light to moderate secondary trading activity. It indicates that Treasury shows gains, pointing that the benchmark 10-year note was quoted near the end of the session at...
- RESEARCH DIGEST. // Bond Buyer;1/25/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32305, p7
This article presents information about new developments related to the field of public finance in the U.S. According to a UBS Financial Services report, the rapid growth of pension and other post-employment benefit costs are likely to reduce any positive effects municipalities would have got on...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p27
Presents new briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Pulaski County Special School District's request for a property tax increase; Bennington farmers and ranchers' opposition against the passage of a school bond issue.
- Texas' First Sale for '01: $58 Million for Harris County Complex. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Texas' first debt sale for 2001. Harris County's plan to sell permanent improvement refunding bonds and certificates of obligation on January 8, 2001; Lead manager and co-senior manager for the negotiated deal.
- Maryland County to Sell $31.3M in GOs to Fund Construction, Renovations. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Harford County, Maryland's plan to sell general obligation bonds on January 9, 2000. Amount of bonds to be sold by the county; Purpose of the bonds.
- Connecticut Gets Commission's OK to Sell $675 Million of Debt. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports on the Connecticut State Bond Commission's approval of the sale of new debt, and requests by various state agencies for allocations from general obligation bond proceeds. Amount released by the commission; Cumulative value of the requests submitted by the Connecticut University System.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Higginbotham, Stacey; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p37
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Northeastern States as of January 29, 2001. District of Columbia's 2000 comprehensive annual financial report; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to Bangor, Maine's general obligation bonds and bond...
- Former Bond Counsel on River Park Square Deal to Close Spokane, Wash., Office. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p3
Reports the closure of municipal bonds, securities and underwriter counsel according to the chairman of public finance practice in Seattle, Washington. Details on the indirect results of River Park Square litigation; Emphasis on the insufficiency of funds for operations and maintenance;...