Leading Indicators Dip 0.1% in Sept
- The year the climate changed: the G8 and the Katrina effect. Grubb, Michael // World Today;Oct2005, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p19
States that Hurricane Katrina gave evidence that industrialized countries like the United States are not vulnerable to extreme weather. Likelihood of the breaching of levees by higher sea levels; Effect of extreme sea surface temperatures on coastal storm waters; Impact of natural disasters on...
- AFTER THE STORM, RECESSION FEARS RISE. Johnson, Bradley; Ceniceros, Roberto // Advertising Age;9/5/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 36, p1
Anticipates the occurrence of U.S. recession from the disruption of commerce to the erosion of consumer confidence in 2005. Assessment of the economic loss from hurricane Katrina and the Louisiana flood; Impact of the high prices of fuel on airlines and the print media; Decline in automobile...
- Seasonal Adjustment and Weather Extremes. Rohrer, Amanda // Minnesota Employment Review;Jan2013, Special section p1
The article discusses various issues related to seasonal adjustment concerning the economic aspects of major weather events and natural disasters. It defines seasonal adjustment as a statistical method that distinguishes the normal from the abnormal in economic trends. It takes account of the...
- Raging Hurricane. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/6/2003, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the hurricane that hit the Middle Atlantic coast in the U.S. in September 2003. Name of the hurricane; Number of deaths caused by the hurricane; Tips on how to prepare for the hurricane.
- Hello, Hurricanes! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/6/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p3
Offers information on the occurrence of hurricanes in the U.S.
- Waiting for perfect storm. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;07/17/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p9
No abstract available.
- Cost for Hurricane Irene Cleanup Is Substantial. Mertens, Lorie // Public Management (00333611);May2000, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p27
Details steps to be taken before, during and after a hurricane as outlined in the Hollywood Public Works Natural Disaster Plan. Details on the plan implementation; Types of problems that may arise during hurricanes; Guidelines on emergency pay policy included in the plan.
- Lili Lashes Out. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;10/18/2002, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the damage done by the hurricane named Lili in the U.S. Gulf Coast.
- Eye on Hurricanes. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Odyssey;Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p16
Presents information on the formation and destructiveness of hurricanes.