Sharon Perez Leaves Louisiana Bond Commission to Join Governor's Cabinet
- Around the Agencies. Kukis, Mark // National Journal;5/20/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p84
The article reports that Holly Smithson has been appointed the new director of government affairs at the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom. Smithson, 35, started her career as a newscaster for a CNN Headline News affiliate in Emerald Isle, North Carolina, in 1994 after earning a...
- The Unflappable Condi Rice. Blunt, Sheryl Henderson // Christianity Today;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p42
Profiles the religious background and influences of U.S. National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice. Background of the Rice family; Impact of the bombing of the Sixteenth Street baptist Church on her political conviction; Profile of her father, John W. Rice Jr.; Formation of her political views...
- Media: Yes, there are fewer cocks in Cameron's Cabinet, but it's not exactly a hen party. Unerman, Sue // Campaign;8/1/2014, p51
The comedian Andy Hamilton summed up how most of us feel about the injection of women into the new Cabinet when he said: "It's nice that Cameron has discovered women so near election time."
- Smooth operator. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;11/5/2004, p28
Profiles Frances Done, managing director for local government of the Audit Commission in Great Britain. Interest in local government; Positions held by Done prior to her joining the Audit Commission; Role in developing the commission's Comprehensive Performance Assessment 2005 methodology;...
- Meet the Talent at Travel Agent Magazine. Foster, Camie // Travel Agent;5/24/2004, Vol. 316 Issue 12, p29
Profiles Hawaii Visitors Bureau Chief Camie Foster. Job responsibilities; Career experiences; Awards received; Number of years in the travel industry.
- THE "NON-MATERNAL WALL" AND WOMEN OF COLOR IN HIGH GOVERNMENTAL OFFICE. Tekle, Asmara M. // Thurgood Marshall Law Review;Spring2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p169
The article discusses the rates of child-free women of color appointed to high governmental office positions. It describes the gap between the rates of appointment of child-free colored women and white women. Evidence is presented suggesting that mothers of color in high governmental office face...
- Women in Government do SA proud. // Finance Week;8/10/2005, p64
Focuses on Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, former Minerals & Energy Affairs Minister in South Africa. Appointment of Mlambo-Ngcuka as deputy president of the South African government; Recognition of South Africa as a country that takes women seriously; Acknowledgement that Mlambo-Ngcuka did a good job...
- Perez blends Israeli independence, Jewish side of Verdi. Alperin, Michele // Jewish Advocate;5/10/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 19, p24
A preview of the Mother's Day concert to be held in New York City, New York on May 12, 2013 which will feature performance by opera singer Sharon Azrieli Perez.
- 4: Frances Perkins Secretary of Labor. Morin, Isobel V. // Women Chosen for Public Office;1995, p56
This chapter profiles Frances Perkins, a former U.S. Secretary of Labor.