Ambac Financial Cites 15% Hike in 3Q Profits
- Tap Genentech's healthy pipeline. // Dow Theory Forecasts;1/12/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p8
The article offers updates on the business performance of Genentech Inc. in the U.S. Genentech has cloned human insulin, marketed growth hormones for children, and has designed compounds to clot blood for hemophiliacs. Its operating cash flow and free cash flow have grown at least 19% in six of...
- ...Rohm and Haas Issues Earnings Warning. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/1/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 35, p10
Focuses on the revenue warnings issued by Rohm and Haas regarding its earnings for the third quarter of 2003. Estimated earnings of the company; Factors that influence the revenue forecast of the company; Impact of the macroeconomic environment on the business operation of the company.
- Hartmarx Earnings Leap 101.9%. Weitzman, Jennifer // DNR: Daily News Record;4/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p10
Reports on the rise in the profits posted by apparel company Hartmarx Corp. in the first quarter of 2004. Sales increase reported during the period; Earnings growth forecast for the year; Factors that contributed to the increase.
- Lockheed Martin Reports Modest Gains In Fourth Quarter. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;1/23/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 12, p5
The article focuses on the fourth quarter results released by Lockheed Martin (LMT). Bolstered by its growing information technology and services business, LMT posted higher fourth quarter net income and sales although pension headwinds forced the company to lower its expected earnings for 2009....
- Ciba warns on second half as... Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;9/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2066, p8
Reports on the decision of chemicals manufacturer Ciba to reduce its revenue forecast for the second half of 2003. Financial performance of the company in the first half of the year; Factors that influenced the revenue forecast.
- Pension Expense Weighs On Boeing's Earnings But Outlook Raised On Strong Performance. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/24/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on the decline in the net income of Boeing Co. despite a double-digit rise in sales in the third quarter in 2012. It notes that the company's net income has fallen due to higher pension expense of $194 million. It adds that the company raised its earnings and sales guidance...
- Kenneth Cole Profits Jump 47.8% in 3rd Quarter. Burrows, Dan // DNR: Daily News Record;11/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the third-quarter profits posted by New York-based Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. in 2003. Comparison of the net income of the company during the same quarter in 2002; Factors that led to an increase in the consumer-direct channel's revenues; Projected earnings of the company for its...
- Adidas Posts 26.1% Earnings Gain. Marsh, Emilie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/8/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 50, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of Adidas AG for the fourth quarter of 2006. There was an increase of 26.1% in net profits, but the earnings missed analysts' expectations as it copes with the integration of Reebok. Although the company generated a net income of US$17 million,...
- Russell Profits Slide, Forecast Cut. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/29/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the second quarter profits posted by Russell Corp. for period ending July 3, 2005. Factors that affected the increase of its sales; Decision of the firm on lowering its earnings guidance; Effect of its decision on the stock price of the company.