Manager's new housing moves give his fund a boost
- Structure vs. Credit Quality: For Some, the Answer Is a Compromise. // Bond Buyer;04/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30622, p7
Presents different views on which between structural elements and credit quality is more important when selecting a municipal bond portfolio. Incorporation of duration management or yield gathering; Matching of the funds' durations with interest rate outlook; Keys to balancing structure and...
- Emphasis on income amid low rates fuels short-term managers' success. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;05/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30639, p6
Focuses on portfolio management trends that affect municipal bond market performance in the United States in 1999. Emphasis on income-oriented bonds; Viability of bond investments by the year 2001 due to money market eligibility of bond investments.
- Portfolio managers ride yield from advance-refunded New York credits. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;08/26/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30465, p8
Looks at the performance of municipal bonds in New York City and State as of July 21, 1998. Portfolio managers' holding on to yield-producing paper; Approach by USAA Investment Management; Large number of advance refundings that have resulted from New York City and New York State's solid...
- Virginia debt is fine, but just try finding the right sort. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p6
Discusses portfolio managers' assessment of the State of Virginia's municipal fund performance in 1998. Impact of the state's diversified economy and tough fiscal management on the municipal market; Portfolio manager Robert Pariseau's focus on single-A rated hospital revenue bonds for rural...
- Going Longer to Do Better. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32484, p1
The article reports on the statement of Jeff Kozemchak, a senior vice president and portfolio manager at Federated Investors Inc. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, regarding the maximization of the value of municipal bond mutual funds by extending their durations for select income opportunities....
- Breckinridge Capital Advisors Brings in Madigan to Manage Portfolios. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/14/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31800, p7
Reports on the appointment of David J. Madigan to handle Boston, Massachusetts-based Breckinridge Capital Advisors Inc.'s municipal bond portfolio management. Comment of Breckinridge president Peter Coffin regarding the hiring of Madigan; Career highlights of Madigan.
- Wasmer Schroeder Hires Muni Portfolio Manager. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p37
Reports that Wasmer, Schroeder & Co. hired Mark Iannarelli as municipal bond portfolio manager in the United States. Career highlights.
- Eaton Vance Hires Two to Help Handle Firm's Growing Assets. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p6
The article reports on the decision by Eaton Vance Management company in recent weeks to named two new municipal bond portfolio managers to help handle the Boston-based firm's growing assets. The appointment follows the hiring of Kathleen Meany in recent weeks as a municipal bond portfolio...
- 'Excruciatingly slow' market limits managers' cash flow. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p8
Reveals why portfolio managers have been reluctant to invest in the United States municipal bond market in the first quarter of 1999. Interest rate spreads and yield curve; Florida Department of Natural Resources' bonds due in 2004; Competition posed by the stock market.